Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What R U all using for ur Drop-Shot Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by dockboy View Post
    I switched over to braid as a main line with a flouro leader this year for all my spin outfits, including my DS820S. I don't have nearly as much line twist, and my sensitivity is still great. Not to mention, a 200 yard spool of flouro lasts forever compared to the frequent change out with straight flouro on your rig.
    X2

My line twist problems are a thing of the past.
    Had 15 lb Spiderwire on for 1 year now with NO MORE LINE TWISTS !!!
    My Shimano spinning reel seems to cast farther too.
    15 lb braid is the same diameter as 4 lb mono.
    Saves money too since you don't have to keep re-spooling with the mono.
    Tossed Kroc, Kastmaster, and LC yesterday for 2 hours, no line twisting.

Braid for life !
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 03-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.

when i do spinning dropshotting.i have a 7'6" california turners fast action 2lb to 6lb rating.a 1000 sedona,8lb rated 2lb dia. crystal fire line.i like the visibility of the white color,sensivity,and cast a mile.i tie on 6ft of 4lb to 6lb floroclear,attached to the braid using a triple surgens knot.#6 mosqito hook,1/8th oz.cone sinker, with a small splitshot.i love the clicking sound it makes ,when i shake it.plus saves not having to buy those over priced dropshot wieghts.im a robo man.margarita mutilator ,being my favorite.stuck an 8lbr on it last spring. i also love my heavy action 8wt fly rod setup.indicator,7ft to 8ft.6lb leader,#6 mosqito hook,dropshot style,6"to18" tag,small splitshot.4.5 inch robo ,no problem,roll casting a good 40ft.60ft to 80ft ,with a back cast,but dont like to backcast due to the plastic ripping off, with the heavier action flyrod.its not to heavy or awkward.my largest last year a nice 7lbr.im able to roll cast,where most others cant get to using spinning tackle.in tight areas..also use my 5wt with smaller trout worms .my friends call me the darkside,for using my flyrods.

What do you mean by suck?

The drag is smooth and the finesse series of reels allow you to do very fine adjustments on the drag pressure.

JDM Daiwas definitely have a unique sound when the line is getting pulled out. I kind of like it though.

If it's sticky, you probably need to replace the drag.

Quote Originally Posted by tr0psn4j View Post
    What do you mean by suck?

The drag is smooth and the finesse series of reels allow you to do very fine adjustments on the drag pressure.

JDM Daiwas definitely have a unique sound when the line is getting pulled out. I kind of like it though.

If it's sticky, you probably need to replace the drag.
    Believe me, I even purchased the aftermarket RCS Finesse Drag Adapter for the thing, and while the drag is 'smooth,' that high pitch metallic click it makes reminds me of the $20 spinning reels I used to use.

I even had Nessie Hunter, who knows his $hít about breaking down a reel to the last gear and putting it back together, completely rebuild it and it still sounds the same.

Perhaps the fact I'm using 5# flouro, instead of the 4# it recommends, may have something to do with it. I dunno. All I know is that I look at my buddy's CI4 and somehow wish it sounded a bit more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Believe me, I even purchased the aftermarket RCS Finesse Drag Adapter for the thing, and while the drag is 'smooth,' that high pitch metallic click it makes reminds me of the $20 spinning reels I used to use.

I even had Nessie Hunter, who knows his $hít about breaking down a reel to the last gear and putting it back together, completely rebuild it and it still sounds the same.

Perhaps the fact I'm using 5# flouro, instead of the 4# it recommends, may have something to do with it. I dunno. All I know is that I look at my buddy's CI4 and somehow wish it sounded a bit more like that.
    Yeah, I have that, a Luvias 1003 and a Presso 1003 and they all make that same sound. My Sol 2000 is in the shop for repairs so I'm not sure if that makes the same sound as well.

On an unrelated note, if you want more capacity on your reel, the Sol 2000 spool fits perfectly on my Certate Finesse Custom 2004.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12