Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SARL Skunk on Sunday

ill make sure to throw a couple extra beers in the cooler for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjr21 View Post
    ill make sure to throw a couple extra beers in the cooler for you guys.
    Sounds good .. see you up there on saturday morning ill be in line by 5 am

Default sarl

Quote Originally Posted by
    Here you go: [IMG
    http://i.imgur.com/SCyvH.jpg[/IMG]
    LOL! Great answer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Or you could just try another lake where they don't throw most the fish into holding pens.
    You don't need 2 pound test to catch trout, that's BS (you just need a lake that stocks trout in the lake and not holding pens).
    Been fishing the sand trap(SARL) for 30 years (not so much lately), so I don't need to hear all the "I don't know what I'm doing stories". Things have changed alot there over the years and not for the better.
    I also used to fish here regularly, even from before Fishing HotPage became FNN. Hooks I share your view.

Like I said I fished this lake a lot, learned o lot, which he helped me win some prices, including a 4' trophy.

Guys, there is some great, right on info in this thread as to how to fish this lake1

Heres a SARL tip: the bubble hole has a flow of water coming from it and if you notice it comes straight out of the bubble hole and disperses into the lake. Upon closer observation you'll notice the water swirls to the left and right of this flow. These "swirl" spots can be very productive especially during the week when the fish that survive the weekend onslaught are looking for food, the swirl stirs up the water as well as the little things trout eat. Every other issue I can think of has been adressed use all of the advise given and you will get that skunk off your back. Good Fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Fish View Post
    Heres a SARL tip: the bubble hole has a flow of water coming from it and if you notice it comes straight out of the bubble hole and disperses into the lake. Upon closer observation you'll notice the water swirls to the left and right of this flow. These "swirl" spots can be very productive especially during the week when the fish that survive the weekend onslaught are looking for food, the swirl stirs up the water as well as the little things trout eat. Every other issue I can think of has been adressed use all of the advise given and you will get that skunk off your back. Good Fishing!
    That's exactly where I was fishing!

But I guess the fish didn't want my trout worms/jigs as I had already ran out of bait by the time we moved over there.

I havent been out to SARL for trout season yet, but with all this great advice Im even more excited to get out there. Thanks everyone

Screw the powermouse, I hate waiting around. Get yourself some of these:

^^Powerbait Micro grubs (DEADLY!)

And some of these:

Optional:

Token onelegger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lol honestly, bro. I'm not One_Leg. If i were, I'd be whining about how this forum degraded.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234