Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SARL Skunk on Sunday

I have been there about 6 times and been skunked every time ...I have used every bait I could think of and have fished all over..... I guess I'm still doing something wrong...... any one have any tips.....
    Lol other then may dynamite or a grenade?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHegemon View Post
    Hey I agree myself. I try to go fishing as early as I can. Unfortunately it's hard when you have to wait for 3 other people, and your wife is complaining about having to go shopping before you can leave... Makes it hard.

So I try to go when I can.

BTW I threw everything I had an. Powerbait, power worms, power mice, lip ripperz, spinners, even nightcrawlers.

We moved around a lot, but since we saw the person catching a fish by the bubbler we focused there without much luck =/.
    yeah that must be pretty hard lol..
    and since it rained the water got murky so you have to use short leaders and maybe that was the problem the bubbly hole is very good for trout but its always taken
    try to fish the sandy beach or levitz corner i always have luck there you just have to find them..
    hopefully you can get out there again and get your limit

Quote Originally Posted by Harold of the rocks View Post
    I have been there about 6 times and been skunked every time ...I have used every bait I could think of and have fished all over..... I guess I'm still doing something wrong...... any one have any tips.....
    Lol other then may dynamite or a grenade?

Thanks
    i would also get skunked when i first started fishing lol
    but everytime i go to sarl i catch fish.. it depends where you fish and how you fish..such as what # test you are using,how long is your leader,how you cast..like literally everything that you do lol

LOL sorry shoulda been more specific.

I wanted to see REX's fish he caught including his 8lb tailwalker!

Quote Originally Posted by E.A.R.G. View Post
    LOL sorry shoulda been more specific.

I wanted to see REX's fish he caught including his 8lb tailwalker!
    how do you post pics ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    how do you post pics ??
    1. Upload the images to an image hosting site. (I prefer http://imgur.com/ since it's the least annoying and you don't need an account).
    2. The site will give you a code to insert in your comment.
    3. Press submit!

Forgot to mention about casting distance, don't cast too far out (I usually fish no more than 15ft out, depending on current water level) I remember one day my 2 bros and I were fishing and I saw this guy cast no more than 5ft out, yes that's correct no more than 5 ft out. I told my brothers and said I don't think he's going to catch anything that close, dam, was I wrong, he got his limit in 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHegemon View Post
    1. Upload the images to an image hosting site. (I prefer http://imgur.com/ since it's the least annoying and you don't need an account).
    2. The site will give you a code to insert in your comment.
    3. Press submit!
    thank you im gonna go ahead and do that

Quote Originally Posted by Fysher View Post
    Forgot to mention about casting distance, don't cast too far out (I usually fish no more than 15ft out, depending on current water level) I remember one day my 2 bros and I were fishing and I saw this guy cast no more than 5ft out, yes that's correct no more than 5 ft out. I told my brothers and said I don't think he's going to catch anything that close, dam, was I wrong, he got his limit in 45 minutes.
    ohh yeah also casting distance.. Once i went to sarl on a rainy day and everyone was casting regular except my little brother, he was casting like 5 feet and i said "what are you doing" he said "watch" boom bobbers up everytime lol caught his limit in a hour.. you just gotta find the trout. im glad trout season is here

white trout worms work really well on overcasted days, with some garlic scent.Everyday is different, You just have to keep trying things till you get one. Take notes of where you fished what the weather was like what worked and what didnt and casting distance is very important .like that next time you head out there you know where to begin, I keep a notebook ,it really helps .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast