Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: About to take a trip to blythe next weekend

Default About to take a trip to blythe next weekend

Any idea on what I can expect to catch in the Colorado River and backwaters or canals. Any ideas on best bait choices for best results.

I have fished from the California side around goose flats mostly.
    Last edited by SpectrBrite; 11-06-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Just watch out for the river right now. Major flows and torrents. The boys reported in that the fishes are hogging the bank near curves or break points/structures in the water to hide from the flows. They use various types of swimbaits to capture quite a few nice basses and trouts, along with a large DD cat and carp in the shallow near the high tules. Not sure if you're heading down south or north from Blythe, but the actions is best heading northward towards Bluewater as you troll. Once again, becareful, and check out for river's conditions before heading out.

I was planning to fish from shore probably in the goose flats area, the boat is getting some repairs currently and deff to cold to use the jet ski, lol

LOL Well, best to be careful with the shorelines. Soils are pretty loose at this time of year during wet seasons and high torrents. Using a heavy dropshot with swimbaits can be a productive thing. Heavy Texas rigs with worms in the bends could be beneficial. There are plenty of down structures that cats, trouts, and basses seek refuge in. Cast into those areas around the Goose Flats can land you nice size fishes. Once again, just watch yourself. Soil there is very loose.

Thanks for the info, I haven't been out there in about 3 - 4 weeks now.

I will be cautious when it comes to the loose soil, I dont want to end up in the river.