Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Creek holy cow!

Congrats, it sounds like a blast. I have never fished the Rush creek but I have fished all around there. Where do you go?

Nah. Don't feel bad. We worked it for about 20 minutes before making the necessary adjustments and finally getting that one. Unfortunately my two other buddies were just standing around so we felt bad and decided to hit other spots so they could fish too. Plus we didn't have any NC's which was the bait of choice for those pigs. I'm still a little upset about those other guys though. I wish they wouldn't have killed so many. Look how many they took from the system between the two groups. About 40! For those of you who weren't there, when me and my buddies arrived we came met an older fisherman coming up to his car carrying a hefty stringer of Browns. I mean, he had to use both hands to carry up his stringer hefty! We talked to him and he told us that he caught and kept/killed 15. All between 20" and 24". I was a little disturbed about it but I wasn't about to say anything. After all. It is his right I guess. We'll since he told and showed me the 15, I thought he had 2 other friends walking back to car too, come to find out that there was only one other guy with him. He also told us that the day before he was at the same spot and saw another group catch and kill another 25! I'm just happy to hear that you were still able to find that many in that pool after what they did. And that was just from 2 groups.
    Last edited by RiverWalker; 11-07-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Hey EndlessSeasons. Rush creek is one of the most beautiful creeks in the Eastern Sierras! In my opinion it is at least. It could be productive throughout the entire stretch between Silver Lake and Grant Lake. The Brownies are not just in that area that myself, Matt, and Fishnlic have mentioned so you should locate any pull out on the side of the road to park and just hit it! Lots of nice Bows in there too!

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSeason View Post
    Congrats, it sounds like a blast. I have never fished the Rush creek but I have fished all around there. Where do you go?

I did talk to that old man too I didn't see the stringer tho. Man that really grinds my gears those fish are there to spawn and all of them were quality fish! People have no common sense sometimes those 24" next year could have been 26" aghh its too bad people like that have to fish!

Tell me about it. Or can you imagine if 10 to 15 more groups decides to kill 10 to 25 or more per group? Rush and Grant might not be known for their Browns anymore! I'm assuming that those guys or the group he mentioned from the day before weren't fellow FNN'ers but I sometimes wonder if were hurting the fishery even more by showcasing the spots on our reports. I'm kind of torn because I love helping putting others on fish but some people just don't have a clue.

Thing of it is guys is Rush is pretty well fished from end to end...basically there are no secrets there. RW hit it on the head though when you described how to fish that particular hole in the discussion here. It might have been best not to give that part up, but oh well. Tons of people fish that hole but walk away empty handed because they just don't know.

As for tha taking of the Browns, that's just wrong on so many levels but its legal so he can do what he wants as long as he's within the limit (which this sounds like he wasn't). All you can do is hope people use common sense when it comes to keeping browns, but ya never know. I'll be up and down that place Thurs, Fri & Sat so give a shout out if you see someone the size of Bigfoot walking the creek.

Well put randy! Seriously what are u gonna do with 15 fish they will sit in the freezer tell they get the fate of the trashcan. I love fish but one or two a trip is enough for me if I do keep them. Eat bows not wild browns they get stocked for a reason. Don't know bout everyone else but id sure like to see some pig brownies in the comin years we need to do our part to insure that. That's what people need to get!

Good catch BC. I went ahead and edited my post and removed that sentence. That's a nice little hole but there are a lot of other productive stretches and holes throughout Rush! I love that place. I would like to hope that all anglers had some common sense when it comes to targeting the spawners but I guess it's unrealistic. All we can do if try to remind and educate other anglers we converse with in a respectable manner and try to spread the word. Good luck next week! I checked the weather report and it seems you will be having the same conditions we experienced all weekend. I hope you have a 4X4 and Layer up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Thing of it is guys is Rush is pretty well fished from end to end...basically there are no secrets there. RW hit it on the head though when you described how to fish that particular hole in the discussion here. It might have been best not to give that part up, but oh well. Tons of people fish that hole but walk away empty handed because they just don't know.

As for tha taking of the Browns, that's just wrong on so many levels but its legal so he can do what he wants as long as he's within the limit (which this sounds like he wasn't). All you can do is hope people use common sense when it comes to keeping browns, but ya never know. I'll be up and down that place Thurs, Fri & Sat so give a shout out if you see someone the size of Bigfoot walking the creek.

Right on Matt. I agree. I'm all for keeping the 'Put and take' stocked bows and over populated Brookies (in some systems) if people want (and if regulations permit). I tried eating a brown once in my life and it was horrible anyways. I try to CPR or C&R most of my fish I catch in the Sierras but I do keep some Bows to bring home. I usually release all of the trout I catch until the last day. That's exactly what we did this trip. We released everything from Thursday through Saturday and kept a nice limit of Bows from Convict Lake on the way home.

Haha...Weather is no match for me and my group of idiots. Hell, we worked the shore on Upper Twin a couple of closers ago in a sideways snow storm and 30 mph winds for hours. We didn't get that magical fish and all caught a good case of bronchitis, but ya never know unless you give it a shot. I have chains for my truck so not worried. Hopefully it does get nasty cuz thats when 1/2 the people will check back into their hotel room and free up more space.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast