Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snakehead Fishing Near Burma - Bang Saphan, Thailand

Nice report ... My friend ate Snakehead in vietnam one night. we also ate the eels you used for bait.
    i never got to fish in vietnam... maybe some day in the Philippines in the near future

Gavin... dude! Awesome report bro. Enjoy your escape and keep sharing the adventure...
    Those Tilapia are cool looking and make sure you don't bring any of those Snakeheads home with you.

Awesome!!!!!!

Great report and pics
    DR

NOW THAT...Was VERY enjoyable! Thanks for sharing your narrative and the very cool pics of the crazy fish. Snakeheads are actually a good-looking and colorful fish, especially the juveniles. I can see why they would be a popular aquarium fish when they are small.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. It took me a while to respond because I just moved to a new city. I'm now living in Trat, Thailand, and the fishing is looking promising here.

We actually did eat some of the snakeheads that the guides took home and they were amazing. They just fileted and salted them a bit and cooked them on the barbeque. It was really good.

Out here snakeheads are actually like bass in the U.S.A. Lots of people fish for them and the serious sport fisherman only catch and release. When they're introduced to areas they're not native to (like America) they'll decimate the local fish, but that's their nature. I can't believe how hard fighting these fish were, so someday soon you guys may be fishing for snakehead in California. Snakeheads love carp, so maybe in the lakes overrun by carp a snakehead wouldn't hurt... ;)

Thats an awesome report Gavin. Looks like your having a blast. That what I want to do when I graduate from school.....go out and catch/study fish (Jeremy Wade style). Be safe out there man. And goodluck fishing.

Awesome photos and amazing fishes! I have to live vicariously through your photos and narration!

Looking forward to seeing more photos and exotic fishes of your future fishing trips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12