Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris Thursday session ......

Default Perris Thursday session ......

So Steve and I go out to Perris and the wind is blowing....well it never stopped!!! We actually got skunked :( . I had maybe 4 bites and that was it...didn't boat any. Metered lots of fish at 20 to 26 feet but they had lock jaw. We fought the wind all afternoon until we just gave up. Water temp was 69 at the boat ramps and 66 on most of the lake. Oh well I guess thats why its fishing and not catching.

that wind was BRUTAL! never been in wind like that before, oh well that just means next time were gonna nail them, FISH ON BRUTHA!

This cold front that is coming through probably didn't help

Yeah Jeff....the bite just completely turned off....gonna fish them deep tomorrow and see if I can get them to bite.

Talked to Steve earlier, and he said it was all white cap during the noon hours. Man, you guys were brutally beaten out there. Luckily I wasn't out there with the toon, or I'll be eating nothing but tules. Luckily you weren't out there today. Wind is as high as 62mph at some areas.

I've always heard fishing is good pre cold front. How is the bite when its raining? After the rain?

Pre and post cold front is the way to hit them when you get the chance. During the rain, you have to go deep for the monsters. Smaller fishes won't feed..but, I have been proven wrong with some findings for trouts and panfishes.

Cool deal, maybe I'll give them a shot in the tubes tomorrow at the trench if the wind isn't terrible
    Last edited by gonefishin82; 11-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.

One of the best days I've ever had bass fishing came in the fall during a light rain at Lake Casitas. We were catching 2 to 4 pound bass on almost every cast using fly-lined plastic worms in the tules, in about 4-6 FOW. I always do pretty good in the rain as long as the air temperature is not too cold. Rain usually will have the fish staying in shallower water and for some reason they want to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    One of the best days I've ever had bass fishing came in the fall during a light rain at Lake Casitas. We were catching 2 to 4 pound bass on almost every cast using fly-lined plastic worms in the tules, in about 4-6 FOW. I always do pretty good in the rain as long as the air temperature is not too cold. Rain usually will have the fish staying in shallower water and for some reason they want to eat.
    Because they want to load up for the winter on shad.....I am going to be there tomorrow and hopefully they will be in the shallows. If not then it looks like I will be targeting 20 to 26 feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast