Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hooping from shore?

Default Hooping from shore?

I think there is a good chance I may come off looking like a moron for asking, but I will anyway. I am thinking of trying to hoop off the long beach jetties (ocean side of course).

What do you think the chances are that I will snag my net on the rocks and lose it?

How far out do the rocks go? Can I throw it out to the sandy bottom and be ok?

I would rather not lose my net, create a mess / snag in the water for others by losing my net, or look like an idiot (maybe could be hidden by the cover of darkness). Anyway what are your thoughts here?

Odds are 100% you will get the trap stuck in the rocks...ask me how I know. Get a used inflatable or a kayak and you will score.

Haha I guess I am not the only one who has had this idea. Thanks for the reply. Someone else actually PMd me and gave me the same 100% odds of getting it snagged. I actually have a kayak so I will just have to get it ready and take it out. I am just itching to get out. Thanks!