Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pea Soup S.W.A.T DD Swimbait Massacre

Default Pea Soup S.W.A.T DD Swimbait Massacre

I have been swaying away from my motto Go Big or Go Home lately since I been distracted by the insane bait bite going on at DVL lately. So I decided to dust off my swimbaits and break them out. With that in mind my buddy Danny and I headed out to D.V.L. Danny is brand new to swimbait fishing so I wanted to school him in on the game. I warned him and told him are you sure you want to do this? Its going to cost you a grip and swimbaiting is an addiction he said yea heck yea I do.

We start plugging away my bait of choice was the Huddleston 8in RoF 5 right around 10:30 I get slammed HOOKUP!!!! I crank the bad boy to the boat and behold not the species of choice a Green Bass I let it go and kept plugging away trying to get the targeted species Toad STRIPERS. Not to long after HOOKUP!!! This time it’s the right kind made short work of this one and put him in the net and by noon I had 2 stripers and 1 LMB on the Hudd Danny got hit a couple times hooked up once on the producer and the striper came off. He was bummed because his drag was to loose I told him don’t worry you’ll get em but you have to put in work first. We plugged it away till about 1:30 and he wanted to do the bait and wait thing so he could get the skunk off I reluctantly said sure lets go. Then we left to the bait area fished for about 1 ½ hours for nothing we then agreed to go back to our original game plan.

We start pluggin it away but the darn green muck was so thick we were bearly able to fish. We moved to another spot dropped anchor and started plugging it away about 5 min into it HOOOK UP…. Then HOOKUP>>>>> Then HOOKUP!!!!!! I put 3 stripers on the boat in a row on the Z-Plug Danny got slammed a few times on the Producer but no hookup. I then told him “Danny you are like my brother and I wouldn’t do this for anyone else” I handed him my rod with the Z-Plug (I only had 1) on it and told him you better hook up. About 10 casts later he’s like WTH why cant I hook up? I gave him a couple pointers and told him you have to have faith. Have faith that you will hook up and you will hookup he then says “I have faith, I have faith” about 4 cranks later he gets freight trained HOOKUP!!!!!!!! This fish was pulling super hard I told him Danny this is a Super Toad you better land it. He goes back and forward with this fish for about 5 more minutes then it comes to color HOLY S*** I have the net ready and it looked like it wouldn’t fit in the net the fish then starts peeling drag again adrenaline pumping my heart is thumping a million miles per hour. The fish comes to color again I slid it into the net Game Over we give each other high fives and stair at the fish in awe. I then said hurry up get that hook out and give me my rod back foo… LoL little did I know I got set up the fish’s head shakes were so crazy it torqued the screw loose on the two piece z plug I pulled on it and the back piece fell off we stuck a few more stripers and LMB on the producer and headed back to the dock to take some pictures. What a killer day Danny got is first swimbait fish and a super TOAD to boot. Final Count me 8 or 9 fish Danny 3.

Have faith in yourself and it will happen.

Till Next Time

Go Big Or Go Home

ToadsToadsONLY

Go get em guys…

Add my group HuntForBigFish on Facebook I have a bunch of pics from previous fishing trips on there.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114189495339212/
    Last edited by ToadsToadsOnly; 10-30-2011 at 08:32 PM.

That's disgusting....nicely done boys!

I like the LM but you prob broke his jaw by holding him like that...nice catching though man hope he servived

Toads nice

What an amazing day to remember for sure and props on catching all your fish on the big plugs. It sure must be an andrenaline rush because the next fish that bites comes into mind that it can be a catch of a lifetime especially fishing out of DVL. Also congrats to Danny on catching his first swimbait fish and a "Whopper" at that makes it even sweeter. Again WTG "TTO" and keep up the good work and phenomenal fishing. It seems like whoever goes fishing with you has a very good chance of hooking into a trophy fish.

Tight Lines....

JW

Unbelievable fish, wtg!!!

WTG TTO, you live up to your screen name time and time again....thanks for postin up!

TD

Damm!
    Fing tods!

Sweet, oh yea, the smaller ones test better.
    But WTF cares!
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Slugo

Kp

I don't understand screwing with the background.....let me guess....there's a dam back there and a bouy line? Dumb.....

Way to go Toads!!!

you do it right bro!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast