Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Closer Report - No pics

Default Closer Report - No pics

Got to Bport on Wed and hit the dam for the evening bite. Damn was that water mess with a massive algae bloom that was pushed up all against the dam. Put in a solid effort Wed afternoon and Thurs morning, but a giant "swing & miss" for us.

Rolled into the loop around noon and got into our place. Hit rush for a slow pic on stocker bows with no brownies showing for anyone in the group. Hit it again on Fri morning in a light snow fall for pretty much the same results. Fished Gull late in the day and the slay was on for a smackering of dink bows. Heard that someone earlier that day had stuck a 8.7 brown in the marina area, but no pic so who knows.

Sat morning hit rush again and did the same. Hit Grant for the afternoon and the bite was stupid on powerbait on bows ranging from 12 to 17 inches. I picked up 2 brownies on fly/bubble with the good ol' black pistol pete. That fly never, ever fails...EVER!

Fun trip with the boys and a good way to head into winter that for sure. There's so much talk and emphasis on fishing on these boards (and rightfully so, it's a fishing site), but really it is great just to get out there, see the scenery (with a smidge of snowfall) and basically clear your head of all the BS that can consume you in your daily life...even if it's only a couple of days.

Nice report len sorry the brownies wernt showing you no love! Man that's a pig outta gull if so!

Big country, sorry for the no show on the browns. My buddy been up there for last two weeks and he said it is his worst brown year ever. Till next season huh. Im heading up in a couple weeks to beat pvr to death looking for that pig. Pvr and owens open all year for browns so this will b the browns many first of many.

Way to get on some fish and take in some gorgeous pre-winter scenery!!!!

Thanks for Good report BC! Sounds like a mission accomplished! Got some fishing in, caught some nice fish, Enjoyed the epic scenery, and recharged the mind and soul! It's my goal every time! The only thing that these trips don't do for me is kill my ES fishing itch because after every trip I'm already thinking about when I could return! I guess the local mud hole scene will have to do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    but really it is great just to get out there, see the scenery (with a smidge of snowfall) and basically clear your head of all the BS that can consume you in your daily life...even if it's only a couple of days.
    True that BC...True that.
    We tried to get up to the Loop on Friday early afternoon...ran into the snow just past the rest stop and had to turn around because we didn't have any chains. Had a great time at Sabrina the next day however.

snow fall wasnt that bad, but hell, if Sabrina was treating you right then good to stay there.