Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Duct skunk

Default Duct skunk

Got that Duct skunk this morning . no water flow at all was out for two hours one pole bait and wait and the other i was walking and tossing lures walked up one way and then back the other way with no action water was clear visible at 7ft or so .
    had fun getting out there .
    Thanks Joseph(Sumojo)

Sorry to hear that sumojo. Hopefully this is encouraging but I got a nice just DD shy one this morning. The AV fish have all been really meaty lately. They are feeding, I mean gorging. Farmed another and then farmed a second one that I had right to the edge and it shook and spit the hook. Saw fish in the super clear water. They are around. Just gotta find em. The fish I farmed had another one come up with it and try to snatch my lure off of the hooked fish. Yup it's still shut down as far as flow but I'm not complaining. Got BassnmanMike on fish too so I'm sure he'll post his first duct fish. Maybe more cause I had to leave the fish biting and him and come down to my shop.

i feel your pain..been up there 3 times already and skunked all 3 times...but i'll be there agin this weekend, trying for the ellusive striper duct....either way, getting out to fish is always a good thing.

alex.

Hey you know me i will be back out there Sunday morning Hitting up some spots and see how it goes Thanks Yolo and madbass Yolo i did get to read BassnmanMikes post that was an Awesome duct run for him and you so thanks Guys

Joe, How did it go this morning? I did a quick morning attempt and had a nice hook up but broke off. I should have re-tied from my catch Friday night cause my buddy netted it and twisted up in the net with the fish, my line and the lure. I hate nets. I was going to just grip it but he insisted. It was a pain in the arse to untangle the net from the lure and fish. Pretty sure my line got damaged and was the reason my hook up today was lost. I'm more bummed about loosing my lucky KPN in the fish's mouth than the fish. There are plenty of other fish but I wanted that KPN cause it caught me a bunch of fish the past week. Now some striper is swimming around with it. Flow was about 5/8.

Hey Yolo i didnt get to make it out sunday morning sorry about the loss of your KPN and unbuttoned striper yeah i need to get one of those gripers too . going out Tuesday night with socalb3ast night fishing the duct.
    Gonna hit the new Bait shop Tuesday morning Grand opening Amazing bait and Tackle to get ready for that night.
    Yolo i always like to read your post about your duct sessions very inspiring and keep me on the Hunt for them stripers .
    thanks joe

Quote Originally Posted by sumojo View Post
    Hey Yolo i didnt get to make it out sunday morning sorry about the loss of your KPN and unbuttoned striper yeah i need to get one of those gripers too . going out Tuesday night with socalb3ast night fishing the duct.
    Gonna hit the new Bait shop Tuesday morning Grand opening Amazing bait and Tackle to get ready for that night. Yolo i always like to read your post about your duct sessions very inspiring and keep me on the Hunt for them stripers .
    thanks joe
    Hey Joe, Where is this new bait shop locasted? Is it in the AV?

Default bait and tacle

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Hey Joe, Where is this new bait shop locasted? Is it in the AV?
    AMAYSING FISHING BAIT AND TACKLE
    45074 10th street west suit #107
    Lancaster 93534
    (805)558-9398

across the street from wendys

Never heard about it until now. Is it a full on shop? If I'm in the area, I'll have to check it out?