Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skinner 10/26

Default skinner 10/26/11

had a good day on the water today. 5 fish for 26ish pounds. weighed all of them going in the livewell, but forgot to re weigh after culling throughout the day and releasing. kinda did the "oh this one looks bigger thing)

bite was nutty in the morning til about 8 then the fish were all about angles and retrieve speed. turned into a plunker style bite. fish here; fish there. had to weed out the rats (under 4's) before the bigger fish would move through.

reaction baits all day long. clear water and the dirty water today. find the wind and you're in business.

gabe from the shop went out with me and he snapped these pictures. the photos dont do the size of fish justice. all were pretty butterball.

this bite is definitely on the downward side of things. probably wont be here this next week.

good luck guys!!!

Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 10-26-2011 at 07:55 PM.

nice limit!!! what jerks were u using?

wasn't fishing jerkbaits. the bite died on the pointer 78 for the larger grade of fish. i mean, you can go out there and run the hell out of the jerkbait and catch 1-3 pound fish right now. its really really good. for some reason the bigger fish just wouldnt react. rip bait the rock lines on the north shore down from the inlet and south shore tules and you'll have a blast. bite will slowly shut down soon though.

ive been gettin them on a custom crank
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 10-26-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Nice day on the water Matt. Great pics and report.

Probably all stuffed with shad. None of them coughed up a baitfish when you lipped em?

Look at all the bellies on those pigs, they each look like they have 4-5 baitfish in their stomach.

Nice job, you still tied into some bigger fish, and four of em at that!
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-27-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Way to go MAtt!!!

Nice limits and those are some nice butterballs. I had a couple followers last time I was there but didn't get any to commit. Oh wells, there's always next time.

haha someone else said it looked like 4 too. you can barely see the tail of the fifth behind the left two fish. ended up culling out easily 10 times.

definitely active feeding times and you had to be there with the right angled cast to have a shot.

Default too sweet.

Too sweet Matt, glad you're out there having fun! Thanks for the reports.

Wow!
    Well Done!

Cranky Green Bass!

You Got Skills!

How often do you fish that lake?

I'm in awe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast