Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Phenix USB 800 H or 800 H C

Default Phenix USB 800 H or 800 H C

Whats your opinion of these two rods? Im looking at blanks for a new swim bait rod, have narrowed it down to phenix usb 800 h or 800 h c hybrid ,is anyone using these rods to throw punkers,bbz,hudds?, what do you like or dont like about these rods. thanks in advance for your time/input.

I have a 800h factory rod and had a hybrid blank 800h before. While they look nice and will certainly get the job done, these blanks aren't so exciting. It doesn't throw the heavy bait well. I would go with loomis for throwing hudds and dobyns or okuma for punkers. This makes a great saltwater rod though.

Thanks 4g63 for the input. I have a custom psw809h that I use to throw the heavy baits and as a saltwater jig stick, it works great. I need a lighter second rod and I like the specs on those blanks, I need to get out there and do some hands on to see what feels right. Thanks again.