Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to split 600' of 3/8" braided nylon anchor rope?

Default Anyone want to split 600' of 3/8" braided nylon anchor rope?

I have located a source for 3/8" braided nylon anchor rope. Cost is $130.xx plus tax for 600'. Will end up right around $70-75 after tax. This is the quality braided rope, not the three line twist. Should be soft and easy to coil for storage while still being extremely strong.

I don't need 600' so I am wondering if anyone would like to split the cost for half the spool.

Let me know.

This same rope is $0.57 per foot at my local home depot, that would be $171.00 plus tax at HD for 300'.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BiGPaC View Post
    I have located a source for 3/8" braided nylon anchor rope. Cost is $130.xx plus tax for 600'. Will end up right around $70-75 after tax. This is the quality braided rope, not the three line twist. Should be soft and easy to coil for storage while still being extremely strong.

I don't need 600' so I am wondering if anyone would like to split the cost for half the spool.

Let me know.

This same rope is $0.57 per foot at my local home depot, that would be $171.00 plus tax at HD for 300'.

Jason
    Jason you may need all 600' of rope if you anchor in that 200 foot depth with the line angle you will need all of that I have about 400' available on each anchor for when the fish are stacked at the secondary outlet also some anchors require a 2-1 ratio for anchoring 150' of water which is not uncommon to anchor in needs about 300' of rope and some anchors say upto 7-1 (miserable) don't short change yourself. Can you call me today. you should have been with us yesterday my friend but I do understand. I want to see if anything works out to get out there this week because for the next 2 weeks I am going to be to busy. Talk to you soon.

I have 2 600 ft 1/4" twisted yellow poly ropes from Harbor Freight. They are on sale for $17.99.

It's coarse and pulling anchor by hand would be rough from 200 ft but with the money saved you can afford a buoy anchor puller that you hook to your rope then use the motor to bring the anchor to the surface.

550 ft of the rope fits on a 100 ft extension cord reel. That keeps the boat neater.

This rope also dries very fast. That could avoid quaga inspection problems.

Ive seen those anchor Bouy anchor pullers how many lbs. Anchor and chain will it pull.
    I use 3/8 rope will this go through the pully.

It depends on the size of the buoy, a 9" buoy is rated at 13 lbs, a 15" bouy 68 lbs, They make different sizes of Anchor Puller Kits.

I bought mine separate. I got a Sea Sense Anchor Retrieval Ring and a Buoy from Amazon.com, a 4" SS Carabiner from Home depot and used a piece of rope that I already had. It cost me less that way because I got free shipping from Amazon.
    Last edited by fishinone; 10-26-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Nice DVL report.

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    Nice DVL report.
    You do realize, of course, that DVL is the only local lake where 300'-600' of rope is necessary right...

Forgive me for trying to be a nice guy.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BiGPaC View Post
    You do realize, of course, that DVL is the only local lake where 300'-600' of rope is necessary right...

Forgive me for trying to be a nice guy.

Jason
    I don't know about the other lakes out that way. I've got my long ropes for Castaic and Pyramid. They come in handy for DVL too.

Keep all the rope if you are serious about anchoring for stripers
    Pyramid has spots that are 275ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Jason you may need all 600' of rope if you anchor in that 200 foot depth with the line angle you will need all of that I have about 400' available on each anchor for when the fish are stacked at the secondary outlet also some anchors require a 2-1 ratio for anchoring 150' of water which is not uncommon to anchor in needs about 300' of rope and some anchors say upto 7-1 (miserable) don't short change yourself. Can you call me today. you should have been with us yesterday my friend but I do understand. I want to see if anything works out to get out there this week because for the next 2 weeks I am going to be to busy. Talk to you soon.
    Well, sounds like the consensus is that I should keep all 600', so I guess that is the plan.

Thanks everyone,
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast