Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perris..The beat Goes on.. part 2!!!

Never fail's pete's on um like white on rice. did u get a pic of that monster gill?

What Steve said I wanna see that gill

But didn't Pete said no photo was taken earlier? Us gillie's folks love to see that elusive photo if there's any Pete. We're dying to hunt those monsters down there.

The beat goes on indeed....helluva report!! Never fished Perris before but now I know I've been missing out.

Nope didnt take a pic of the Gill... But I have a pic of a MONSTER 3lb Crappie we caught last year on an Icejig. It was the same scenerio, I was graphing fish in 50ft of water and came along a big school of fish. They looked like bluegill or crappie on the graph and I told my clients but they still wanted to try to catch one, so they dropped down and within 20 seconds one guy caught that 3lb crappie... Ill look for the pic..

Heres the Pic of the 3lb CRAPPIE we caught last season in the same general area we caught that Big Bluegill the other day..

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 10-25-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: pic added

What size and color ice jigs have been getting bit for you guys Pete? I've never had any luck with those things.

the #7 and the #9 Black and chrome, Blue and chrome, and Gold and black are popular colors... Ive been using some custome painted Ice jigs alot...

The size depends on the depth you are fishing and the aggressiveness of the bass... When your really deep and they are chewing good..use the 9 when they are shallower(28-34ish) use the 7 when they arent to aggressive try the 7 as well.

Pete

Awesome bass. Looks like Perris is really making a come back.

Perris is Great!! While everybody else goes to DVL we have Perris to ourselves this time of year...and the fishing is really good.

Thanks Steve and BreakingBass.

Pete

You have to understand Pete, everyone want to chase the DD monsters lurking at the bottom of the lake. All tubers would love to be dragged by one of the DD for a wee while during the fight. Imagine the amount of adrenaline loaded in our blood stream by the end of the day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast