Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris..The beat Goes on.. part 2!!!

Default Perris..The beat Goes on.. part 2!!!

The BEAT DOWN..with a twist!!!!

So Jon called me on Thursday night and told me that he and his son Hogan wanted to get out to Perris with me as soon as possible.. I told him of the crazy day I had just had that day at Perris so he wanted to get out there asap... I told him that I had nothing going on Sunday and he said "We're there"!!
    So I get to Perris at 6:15 Sunday morning and there is NO fog... Its totally clear, unlike Thursday when the fog was so thick you could barely see 10 yards. All I can think is.."what the heck do the fishing gods have in store for me today?"

As we motor out, I tell Jon and Hogan about the crazy day we had on Thursday with the fog and the awesome icejig bite. I tell them the plan for the day... It seemed simple really...Start way offshore and CRUSH these Perris bass with the IceJig and tailspins until our arms are sore!!! They were all for it!!!
    We get out into about 50 ft of water and we all start throwing the tailspins and I began metering around looking for the motherload of bass that I pounded on Thursday...
    The guys are totally pumped and excited about the posibility of catching bass on the icejig and tailspin because they are pretty new to fishing and havent caught bass using those techniques.. Despite basically driving most of the night to make it home from their trip to the Hoover dam they both seem wide awake and eagar to pound some Perris Bass..
    So we're firing cast after cast but we're just not getting bit on the tailspins...we continue for the next 45 minutes..
    Im metering some bass but not the motherload I saw on Thursday.. Finally I start to see groups of bass so we start dropping the Icejig to them...But they arent biting.. After about an hour of that with no bites I see a large group of fish on the screen....but they look small.. I tell the guys that they look like Bluegill or Crappie to me...but they dropped down anyway and instantly Hogan hooks up..."FINALLY", I say.
    As its coming up from the depths, Hogans rod tip doesnt have much of a bend in it and I know what Im about to see....SURE ENOUGH... Giant Bluegill 2 lber to be exact!!!!
    Thats all I needed to see...to know I had seen enough... so i tell they guys.."were gonna make a move". Time to check out my honeyhole ledge... The same ledge that DIDNT produce for me on Thursday.
    So I meter over there and drop my bouy, explain the spot and how to present the bait...and we all fire away...
    Within seconds of hitting bottom Both Hogan and his Dad set the hook...DOUBLE HOOKUP!!! Then I swing and IM ON..make that a triple hookup!!!!
    THEIR BAAAAACK!!!!
    I took my fish off and then I took off Hogans bass but Jon was being WORKED by his bass.. He says "Its huge"... and finally it comes up...ITS A GIANT....Into the boat it goes...7 lber!!! BOOOOM Baaaby!!! Jons biggest bass ever!!

If I was to say that we put a hurt on them it would be a lie...BECAUSE WE KILLED THEM!!!! Hogan and Jon were smashing them on the dropshot and I was doing some serious damage with the Carolina rig. These bass moved back to the ledge over the last 2 1/2 days and were loaded up on it again.. And we were making them pay!! lol
    Hogans biggest of the day was just over 4 lbs. My biggest was 5 1/2 lbs and Jons Biggest was a NICE 7 lb Perris toad!!!
    About 1pm we wanted to try again with the tailspins so we motored out and started firing away.. Hogan got one right away and then I got one also on the tailspin.. then Jon finally got one after missing 3 bites on 3 straight casts..
    By 1:30 both Hogan and Jon were exausted because we had caught over 40 bass..and they were on very little sleep so they decided to call it a day.

Jon won family bragging rights on this day as he caught more than Hogan...At least until their next trip..

Here are the particulars..
    48-55 ft , 1 big bluegill (icejig) 3 bass - Tailspins
    40-46 ft over 40 bass dropshot and Carolina rig

So the fishing Gods thought they were gonna throw me a curve again...but yet again I turned on it and drove it out of the park like Albert Pujuls in the World series last week. Gotta Love it!!!
    If youre ready for your trip to Perris to crush some of these bass with me...PM me or call!!!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 241-8283 cell

WTG Pete....put them on Bass!!!!

What's up with that? The last time you took Joseph and I we only caught 37 bass! You seem to have a knack for father and son bass slayage. Hopefully I'll see ya out there this Thurs.

Yeah I know...You and Joseph were slacking..Bringing my numbers down like that!! hahahahha

Sounds good Mark...call me on Thursday.

Pete

Definitely nice haul there. But freaking 2lb-ers on gill? JEFF!! ANTHONY!! time to hit the water ASAP. Where did you manage to land the gill Pete?

As I mentioned...We got that Gill out in like 50ft of water. They are schooled up out there too..

Pete

50ft is dead smacked in the boating area. How the heck you manage to keep those watercrafts from eating you alive mid day?

There arent many boats to deal with this time of year... thank goodness.

It would be hell during the Summer!!

Pete

Pete,
    Way to put the hurt on those Perris pigs!! While these are two great trips by a guide who really knows his stuff on this lake, our "EPIC 50 bass day" continues to bring me smiles. I keep telling you people, save those pennies, beg the wife, empty the coin jar and hit up Pete for a great day on the water catching these quality bass and no dinks!! He flat out knows the lake and puts you on the fish as I have done several times now in learning about this wonderful fishery. As noted, when these fish "stack up", get ready for sore arms and what I now know as "bass thumb" because you catch so many, your thumb gets chewed, raw and hurts but what a great hurt it is.....!!

Thanks BassGrabber....

And Thanks KaralM... those bass are anxiously awaiting youre arrival...lol

See you in Nov/Dec

Pete

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast