Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Perris today with Sublime Steve....a bunch of LMB, a hybrid and a beast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Bassgrabber, I thought of something else in the meanwhile. Were the "perch" little minnow size specimens? If so, they could be Bigscale Logperch, which I caught 2 or 3 of at Silverwood in the past. They are in the true perch family along with their cousins Yellow Perch, Walleyes and Sauger, but they are unfortunately too tiny to be of much interest for intentionally catching, or eating. They are an interesting curiosity which was introduced to the central valley way back in the 1800s for reasons I know nothing about, and they still survive there and get swept southward with the aqueduct water.

Here is a link to some photos of some Bigscale Logperch from Putah Creek. http://calfish.ucdavis.edu/species/?uid=6&ds=241
    Bingo!!!!!! That is what they were! Sweet man....thanx for helping! Im stoked.

WTG guys! Thats a great day on the lake.....

Thank you, Bassgrabber. The mystery is solved. Those won't ever become a popular fishing item, but they are a totally surprising curiosity of a fish, given that they are miniature relatives of Walleyes.

I did my own internet search and identified the little critters after catching a couple of them at Silverwood.

AsianGuy, I will be watching for you out there at Perris "helping out the DFG" with your own electroshocking studies. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Thanks for the reply and nice gill pic.... I'am still injoying that Chile Verde Recipe you gave me ....So tasty and easy to make.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Thank you, Bassgrabber. The mystery is solved. Those won't ever become a popular fishing item, but they are a totally surprising curiosity of a fish, given that they are miniature relatives of Walleyes.

I did my own internet search and identified the little critters after catching a couple of them at Silverwood.

AsianGuy, I will be watching for you out there at Perris "helping out the DFG" with your own electroshocking studies. LOL
    DFG has confirmed that is the species....again thanx Lefty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234