Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perris today with Sublime Steve....a bunch of LMB, a hybrid and a beast!!!

Wow! That would have been one exciting catch! At first look, I thought for sure you caught that. We went out again yesterday and landed 20 bass. The largest was about 2.5 lbs. What a great lake!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    Wow! That would have been one exciting catch! At first look, I thought for sure you caught that. We went out again yesterday and landed 20 bass. The largest was about 2.5 lbs. What a great lake!
    John ....I have always said that Perris is a great lake.....I still believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice going again fellas. I don't think that Bluegill is a hybrid sunfish. Redears have a longer body and hybrids usually have an orange tipped "ear" or gill flap. Does have very nice large fins. And it's too bad he didn't release that striper instead of letting it die, but at least now it wont eat all my Bluegill!... Jk
    Believe it or not Jeff this is a hybrid....the body was much longer than a gillie...... The way Steve was holding the tail made it look shorter and his mouth was not like a gillie. Either way it was a nice looking fish.

Whether it's gillie, hybrid, or just changing its look, it's God's beautiful creature..good for take a photo of and then the frying pan

Woo! good days fishiN!

I caught that panfish in like 30 ft of water with a kastmaster going for bass that striper made some HUGE filet's.. my neighbor from Thailand FLIPED OUT when she saw it. I gave her the biggest bag of fish ever. 1 of those bass almost yanked the rod outta my hand after i set the hook. Now everyone's gonna b tied up @ the bouyline going for mr stripy..

Hey Steve I might be one of those people....lol.

LOL! you know! **** me to.. we need to go to the ocean n get some fresh dines.. or net some shad n drop it on them. I want 1 of those on my line.

Bassgrabber, I wanted to ask you something. I think you were going to help the DFG with electroshocking Perris. Were you the person who told AsianGuy about the "perch" that were found, and if so, what type of fish were these really? As I am sure you know, a "perch" could be a lot of different types of fish. We were thinking Sacramento Perch on my thread from last week.

To me, the fish in the second photo just looks like a Florida strain Bluegill. I have caught Redear/Bluegill hybrids, which aren't uncommon in some places, and the ones I have seen don't look like that. The fish in Fishmounter's photo appears to be a Bluegill/Green Sunfish hybrid, by the way.

I know that there are Stripers in Perris in limited numbers. Everything in Silverwood gets into Perris. I think the Striper numbers will stay on the low side at Perris, though, due to lack of spawning for them in Perris.

They looked to be yellow perch but without any green coloring....DFG was going to take one for analysis. As far as the hybrid.....DFG said that they are red ear/ blue gill....they are the bodies of red ear but have all the markings of blue gill. And yes there are Stripers in Perris but its cool just to see them caught.
    Last edited by bassgrabber1; 10-23-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast