Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris today with Sublime Steve....a bunch of LMB, a hybrid and a beast!!!

Default Perris today with Sublime Steve....a bunch of LMB, a hybrid and a beast!!!

So Steve and I went out today...water was 69 and glassed over. Very thin layer of fog and a little chilly. Started throwing my swim bait and well it was open season. Nothing to big in the LMB ...a few 3 pounders were the biggest. Steve managed to hook up with a hybrid redeart/blue gill. If you havent seen one before then check out the pic....they have the shape of a red ear but vertical bars and some fins like a blue gill...awesome looking fish. As we were finishing up our day, a guy pulls up to my boat and asked if I want a fish....I told him that I just catch and release so no thanx. I then asked what kind just to be curious and well he answers with..."Striper"...huh? I was like ok lets see it and he said sure........he pulls out a beast and a half of a fish. Steve said he would take it since the guy let it die.....on a side note, if you dont plan on eating the fish then just release it, dont just let it die then give it away! I weighed it on the DIGI and it read 16.2 !!!!!! so for anyone who doesnt believe that there are striper in Perris well here you go. By the way he caught it fishing for trout on a power mouse ...took him a half hour to get it in on his light tackle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 10-22-11 003.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	33454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 10-22-11 001.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	33455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 10-22-11 004.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	33456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perris 10-22-11 002.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	33457

Is that good or bad to have Stripers in Lake Perris ? Wow!! Interesting report guy's.

There have been stripers in Perris for a long time. DFG is still baffled that they actually skip perris most of the time and end up at DVL. Perris is the last lake before DVL to get fed by the aqueduct. When they do get into Perris then they stay and just eat and well they get large. There was a 31 pounder caught in Feb. They are there but they dont spawn so no schoolies are ever caught.

Thanks for the reply and nice gill pic.... I'am still injoying that Chile Verde Recipe you gave me ....So tasty and easy to make.

That gill has some nice fins for his size. Cool report and pics.

Thanks for the report James. Also, that "Hybrid" has a very cool looking dorsal fin and that is one heck of a huge striper.

Tight Lines.....

JW

Nice going again fellas. I don't think that Bluegill is a hybrid sunfish. Redears have a longer body and hybrids usually have an orange tipped "ear" or gill flap. Does have very nice large fins. And it's too bad he didn't release that striper instead of letting it die, but at least now it wont eat all my Bluegill!... Jk

Nice job out there...

Yep the few striper that Perris has are on the chew...Ive heard of 5 this week alone..

Ill be there tomorrow...looking forward to it!!

I railed them on Thursday (the bass) in deep water.

Pete

I tried to stay out of deep water by fishing swimmies in 10'.

What a monster of a striper there. Could have been a great ceviche dish. Great fun out there guys. Keep those reports coming in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast