Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Which Braid do you guys like?

Default Which Braid do you guys like?

I'm down to 3 lines to try from. The powerpro super slick, daiwa saltiga surf, and the regular samurai. It's going to be on the Stratic fj 3000 for bass fishing!

PowerPro. I loaded a few of my reels with Sufix 832. Sufix casts smoother and isn't as loud going through the guides as PowerPro, but it frays quicker and loses half of it's color after one session. I'm going back to PowerPro on all of my reels.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_fish'r View Post
    PowerPro. I loaded a few of my reels with Sufix 832. Sufix casts smoother and isn't as loud going through the guides as PowerPro, but it frays quicker and loses half of it's color after one session. I'm going back to PowerPro on all of my reels.
    Thankyou! and powerpro price is always just right:)

The Power super slick is more of a casting line then it is a backing line. Different coating that is suppose stop the noise that you would get with casting the original Power pro. I hear good things.

PowerPro is the best...I use it for all my fishing...4lb to 20lb and it lasts forever...Just when you think its wore out just reverse it on your spool and you are good for another year or two...I spray mine with a line lube the night before each trip and it seems to help hold the color and improves casting proformance...I like the new nufil line for casting but the white color looks like 1/4 inch rope in the water...You can cast a 1/32 mini jig 10 yards futher with the stuff...I hope they come out with a good green color soon....

None of the above. Go to Performance Tackle and check out the Nitlon PE they have for bass fishing, definitely the best braid I've tried, and I've used Daiwa Samurai, Power Pro, Suffix, and Toray. I'd avoid Power Pro at all costs since it's a bad 4 carrier braid. Nitlon is a good 4 carrier. If you want budget but decent, Suffix's new 832 is good and cheap. It's an 8 carrier like Samurai, but cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    None of the above. Go to Performance Tackle and check out the Nitlon PE they have for bass fishing, definitely the best braid I've tried, and I've used Daiwa Samurai, Power Pro, Suffix, and Toray. I'd avoid Power Pro at all costs since it's a bad 4 carrier braid. Nitlon is a good 4 carrier. If you want budget but decent, Suffix's new 832 is good and cheap. It's an 8 carrier like Samurai, but cheaper.
    Thank you for all you help and I've made up my mind and I can't wait till they send the line in through the mail!:).

I like to braid 100 yards of twine together for my swimbaits lolololol