Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apollo park Fishing Derby

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    Maybe we can all get together the night before and tailgate?
    i have got there at 3 in the morning and done that. made breakfast in line

haha hell ya...does anyone know if they let you on the piers?

yep the piers be packed

aight guys tomarows the day!...good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    AMEN BROTHER! When fishes know they don't have much food to rely on, and what ever being tossed into the lake appears edible, they will jump the gun to grab it. I stay far away from powerbaits now. Expensive, kill fishes, and destroy pretty much the water habitats that we fish in. Take a bit of time, use Velvetta cheese, mold it the size of the largest corn size, and if you want it to float, add a bit of cork's powder/fine into the cheese bait as 40/60 in weight ratio for ultra slow sink presentation, or 25/75 weight ratio and you have a floating cheese cork. More powerful than powerbaits.
    HUH ? What ? ok.........

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    HUH ? What ? ok.........
    We use way too much plastics and left them in the water. Powerbaits = emulsified plastic resins + plastic sheeting (glitters). Have you notice the shoreline of both salt and fresh water for popular spots shimmer with glitters? Well, that's what happen when too much powerbaits have been used over the gears. Baitfishes eat this crap up on a constant basis. Then the game fishes eat the bait fishes. We eat the game fishes. Well, ultimately, we inherit the same craps that we catch them with..PLASTICS. This is the same for softbaits, which I rarely use, which is a mean to test out the effectiveness of the newer plastics vs my homemade edible baits that is just effective.

But, who am I to preach. Dock Rat preaches about the Salton Sea, so I attempt to preach about the harmful effects of existing plastics and additional loads of plastics we're shoving into our water bodies. By the way, check up on the amount of total petroleum hydrocarbons and the side effects on the human's organs for the water you're playing in, and you'll understand what I mean ;)

Anyone know what the results were, wasn't able to go after all.

Bump, any results yet anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutcz swimbait View Post
    Bump, any results yet anyone.
    i took 9th place ($112) with a 2.7....hooked up 15 minutes into the derby on a white minnow. biggest fish was something ridiculous like 12 pounds...also caught was an 11 and i think a 7-8 lbr...fast and furious in the beginning, slow slow slow after the sun came up, some big fish pulled out tho...seen what i think was the 15lb cruising around a couple feet off shore.
    go get boys, there still in there!!!

-good luck
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 11-06-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345