Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Apollo park Fishing Derby

That derby is actually challenging in the fact that you have hundreds of anglers and limited space…it’s like a local beach pier on the weekend…

But just consider it another one of those challenges that fishing has to offer…

Don’t quote me but I think there was around 1200 people out there last year, and the top ten single fish will take home a check..

Pretty hectic scenarios out there when you hookup a toad..

Last year I landed that fish on 2 lb test and he ran over and under 4-6 lines sending me down the shore to put my pole under and over’ !

We’ll see how this year turns out…should be fun : )

will they stock all 3 lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    That derby is actually challenging in the fact that you have hundreds of anglers and limited space…it’s like a local beach pier on the weekend…

But just consider it another one of those challenges that fishing has to offer…

Don’t quote me but I think there was around 1200 people out there last year, and the top ten single fish will take home a check..

Pretty hectic scenarios out there when you hookup a toad..

Last year I landed that fish on 2 lb test and he ran over and under 4-6 lines sending me down the shore to put my pole under and over’ !

We’ll see how this year turns out…should be fun : )
    You're exactly right Gary. I showed up last year and saw a million people (exaggerated) there so I turned away and ended up fishing Apollo the following weekend...and still landed me some trout. I then spoke to a local who entered the derby and he told me there was about 1,000 anglers that year. Fo' get about it...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by socalbassboy View Post
    will they stock all 3 lakes?
    All 3 lakes are inter connected but I do beleive they dump fish off in allotments in different parts of the lakes..

I'd call for clarification on that, I've never been there when they stocked

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    All 3 lakes are inter connected but I do beleive they dump fish off in allotments in different parts of the lakes..

I'd call for clarification on that, I've never been there when they stocked
    they dont stock the back lake if im not mistaken. But yea those fish at apollo can be unpredictable there nice sized but can be hard to figure out what there biting on.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

last year was fun. Was my first ever derby. Didn't win no prize but did come home with the days dinner. For those that suggest using lures, you must have more patients than I do (or skill) because even casting straight ahead 7 out of 10 times i was reeling in someone elses line. Also a reminder to anyone that is attending, don't trow in your line until the derby starts. I made that mistake last year and the whole lake seemed to jump down my throat.
    GL to all that go.

Im ready for the derby this year. Last year I had no Idea what I was doing. The goal is to catch the first two or three with powerbait then go with my lures to get the rest of my limit.

A thousand people... damn... guess its gettin there a 4-5... then sleep in the car till gates are opened... then run to a spot :D

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Chaser1 View Post
    A thousand people... damn... guess its gettin there a 4-5... then sleep in the car till gates are opened... then run to a spot :D
    thats what im gunna do lol

Maybe we can all get together the night before and tailgate?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast