Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New VMC Dropshot Hook Design

Default New VMC Dropshot Hook Design

Just saw these on Tackle Warehouse and thought how the hell do these work? Clicked on the Icast video for further explanation by Ike. Looks like a cool design and I'm curious to get my hand on some to see how they perform. I don't drop shot much anymore but has always been a proven and effective method for #'s. What do you guys think about this new design?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast11.html?ccode=VMCSS

its cool but now you have to tie an extra knot :/. i use gamagatsu splitshot/dropshot hooks and dont have problems.

Yeah I use the Gamukatsu DS hooks also. It's just the tackle slut in me to want to buy and try the "new" hook style for DS. One problem I have experienced while dropshotting is the tag end getting wrapped around the hook after a few fish. The VMC hook swiveling around would hopefully prevent that. I guess I wouldn't mind tying another knot if it's going to keep my DS rig in working order for a longer period of time.