Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 days in Sierra 13th-16th

NICE pics Bill! Love the last one! Those colors were amazing, and I bet they were better in person! Well, looks like I'll just have to head up and see em 4 myself starting a week from today!!!!
    Didn't know you were a fly guy! (I saw the fly reel on 1 pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal View Post
    NICE pics Bill! Love the last one! Those colors were amazing, and I bet they were better in person! Well, looks like I'll just have to head up and see em 4 myself starting a week from today!!!!
    Didn't know you were a fly guy! (I saw the fly reel on 1 pic)
    Oh Greg I've tried it a few times. I just wished I had used my magnetic rod holder so it didn't fall over... Those little buggers at the Wier Pond just didn't want to play much until late in the day. They were rising around 4 to 4:30 pm so if you can get there give em a shot. Lots of nice natives in the water.

Galavanting all over the state lately Bill. Envious of you living large. The missus, and your friends all got smiles on their faces, and could imagine 4low on those dirt hillsides. Thanx for the Shotz fix, love their bakery there. Lets buddy up when we do the hunting giants quest ok.

Default Nice!

What a great trip Bill, glad that you guys & gals all had fun.
    I didn't make it up there this year and really miss it.
    The pics are beautiful... I can only imagine being there in person to witness the glory of God's country.
    See you at the surf fishing event my friend.

Awesome pics, I hope you dont mind, I stole one for my screensaver on my desktop. Fall in the sierra, nothing like it. Thanks for the great report.

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    Awesome pics, I hope you dont mind, I stole one for my screensaver on my desktop. Fall in the sierra, nothing like it. Thanks for the great report.
    No I don't mind. I am not a professional photographer.

Which one did you chose?

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Galavanting all over the state lately Bill. Envious of you living large. The missus, and your friends all got smiles on their faces, and could imagine 4low on those dirt hillsides. Thanx for the Shotz fix, love their bakery there. Lets buddy up when we do the hunting giants quest ok.
    Gallivanting......... I like that.. It has been a great summer.
    MIke your welcome on the Schat's order anytime. Can't go all that way and not stop there.
    We might have to buddy up just to represent the C-coast, I'll be on foreign soil and fishing against the likes of the rest of the Team might need a bit of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    What a great trip Bill, glad that you guys & gals all had fun.
    I didn't make it up there this year and really miss it.
    The pics are beautiful... I can only imagine being there in person to witness the glory of God's country.
    See you at the surf fishing event my friend.
    Thanks Arthur. Yea I remember your post from last year when you were up there. What a great place. Timed it just right this year. Missed the storm that happen the week before, and the colors couldn't of been better.

The wife caught her first limit ever and now she thinks she is ready for a day boat ride for yellowtail. Doesn't want an overnite trip with a bunch of stinky guys, just a day trip out and back. I can't wait to see her hook up to a yellow. The difference would be like a VW bug against a Top Fuel funny car. HOLD ON. Gonna have to have the video cam ready for that.

Yep, I will be there buddy. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Team.

nows thats the life...sierra troutin and some offroading to boot, my kind of weekend...congrats brotha

Very nice! Where did you take that last picture from? Looks like the road up to North Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobiesrule View Post
    Very nice! Where did you take that last picture from? Looks like the road up to North Lake.
    That photo was taken from a side spur off the Buttermilk Rd.

If you look past the color and the tree line you can see a burn area with the mountians in the back ground. Well that burn area is just North of the HWY going up to Sabrina.
    We Jeeped across that burn and dropped out across the HWY from Intake II. If you are on the HWY and notice a Tall Pipe sticking up from the pipeline, there is a road that goes right by it.
    Then the fun begins. We drove down the road from the ridge above Intake II in 4 wheel low. No place to bail out on this road. Glad no one was coming up at the same time.
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 10-28-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12