Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 days in Sierra 13th-16th

Default 4 days in Sierra 13th-16th

On Thursday the 13th we headed out for the long run to the other side of the State. 5.5 hours later we were at Schat's for lunch. Topped off the gas tanks and headed up Bishop Creek Canyon to Parchers Resort.

We (my sister, my best friend and my wife) had reservations for 3 nights. It was the first time for us to stay at Parcher's and we found the place to be perfect. Clean, cozy and Hot Showers.
    Our plan was to Fish some, Jeep around and take photos of the fall colors.
    BTW the colors are going off like crazy. Its a must see at least once in your life. My camera and camera skills do the place NO justice!!

Enjoy the few pic's and I hope you find time real soon to visit the Sierra this time of year.

Fish report: Great fishing anytime they stock,,enough said. Stocking truck was going up the canyon the same time we were

My wife with some of our catch

Almost a limit for both of us..... My wife got her first ever limit.

My wife with Jared the GM of Parcher's. Thanks Jared for being so nice.

Here's a few of the non fishing fun.

Last edited by Which Way Out; 10-17-2011 at 10:54 PM.

your camera and camera skills took some some beautiful pictures. i agree with you, everyone needs to see the fall colors once in their lifetime.

Very nice pics.
    Need to get up there to clean up my head.
    Thanks.

Nice pics! Wish I could get up there for one more trip!

Great pic's! Nice fish too.

Hey Bill,
    Very nice looking pics.
    I liked the one of the water, with the reflection of the mountains, the best.
    Glad to hear you got limits and I am sure you are going to enjoy your meals.
    Thanks for the report and hopefully see you soon down South here,
    Robert
    <><

Bill,
    I can see what you mean about the fall colors!
    Just wondering, how did the trails compare? Were they dirt roads or was there some rock climbing involved? How would it compare to like- Dish Pan or John Bull? Cleghorn? Just wondering... :)
    Great photos!
    Karyn

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPistachio View Post
    your camera and camera skills took some some beautiful pictures. i agree with you, everyone needs to see the fall colors once in their lifetime.
    Yea it's one of best places on Earth. Thanks for the all the kind words MP

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    Very nice pics.
    Need to get up there to clean up my head.
    Thanks.
    TM its still there, go get some. Even if you don't fish you can clear up your head and go home with some nice photos. Could make some great Christmas cards..

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Nice pics! Wish I could get up there for one more trip!
    Thats what I kept saying. Just gotta do it!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Bill,
    Very nice looking pics.
    I liked the one of the water, with the reflection of the mountains, the best.
    Glad to hear you got limits and I am sure you are going to enjoy your meals.
    Thanks for the report and hopefully see you soon down South here,
    Robert
    <><
    Hey Robert, Come to find out the pic you liked the most was from last year, oops....
    I was early last year for the color, as it was just beginning. This year however was perfect.
    My sister took a limit home and her son is going to smoke them up. He's been doing it for about a year now and has it dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    Bill,
    I can see what you mean about the fall colors!
    Just wondering, how did the trails compare? Were they dirt roads or was there some rock climbing involved? How would it compare to like- Dish Pan or John Bull? Cleghorn? Just wondering... :)
    Great photos!
    Karyn
    Hey Karyn, I am sorry that you couldn't make it. The Jeeping was better than you could even imagine. There were parts that had me on edge for sure. The section coming down the hill above Intake II was enough to make you need a stiff drink at the Bishop Creek Lodge. As a matter of fact 2 drinks is what it took to relax after that.
    As far as difficulty, the trails were easy and only need 4 wheel drive a few times, but was used in most cases to be safe on hillsides.
    We didn't get into anything like the John Bull or Dishpan. I think most of the trails like that were either closed down in that area or just were never there. The trails were mostly old mine roads with some ware and tear. We drove through all kinds of terrain and big groves of Aspen's. At one point we were up next to the John Muir Wilderness around 10,000 feet. Great views everywhere.

Very nice report and great pictures. What type of camera do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    Very nice report and great pictures. What type of camera do you use?
    A Nikon CoolPix with 18X optical zoom from Costco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast