Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perris 10-15 Ultra Light mayhem

No, I don't like flourocarbon line. Too stiff and brittle. Gets nicks in it too easily. Hybrid flouro/mono is fine. Why don't you just use straight mono? And there's no need for any leader. Just tie directly to your hook or lure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    10:38am, full sun blaring, and met up with KonaCrush and BassSniper again. Asked them to come with me to the island. Tossed two lines to attach them to my toon, and perform a taxi service to tire reef and secret spots.
    Nice job on the catches. Do you have a pontoon with a trolling motor?

Tried straight mono, 4 to 6lbs, and didn't land much. Switched to flouro leaders, and did much better. Can't stand using flouro in the entire reel. So freaking stiff. I still have plenty of flouro left in the spools, and will use it all up before switching over the Hybrid. I noticed that basses hammer the lines 3-to-1 over just mono alone. Flouro alone is just plain crazy to deal with. If I don't put a bit of pressure while reeling in the line, it creates loose tangles, similar to the braid line issue. At least the braid doesn't create that issue often.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    Nice job on the catches. Do you have a pontoon with a trolling motor?
    Sure do. 55lbs thurst motor, but didn't know I was going to meet two FNNers at the site. If I know, I would have haul that extra 100lbs of gears with me I have no problem hauling them. Good exercise for me. I can row around the lake all day without burning out. But, two attached to the toon, well, I go from skimming the water to crawling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12