Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: People who abuse our local park lakes!

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    These complaints happen over and over...I think if it really bothers you guys. Lets do this FNN'ers setup a park lake you want to go to. Have 10 or 12 guys bring extra gear and have a teach a kid to fish day. I am sure plenty of parents would love to have their kids taught the right way. Most parents were taught by their parents that learned many years ago never knowing to check with new laws and regulations. This way you can teach the kids the right way which will spread to their family parents and eventually their kids.
    I was at Glen Helen once when they were having a kids' fishing clinic. There were a lot of anglers and kids participating. I don't have the first idea how one would go about organizing such an event, but it seems to me to be something Team 57 could get involved in. I have read that Team 57 does work to help others. I for one would be interested in participating.

I took one of my wife's piano students fishing twice. The first time we fished Perris and caught a bucket full. Then we got skunked at the Pudd. Kids can lose interest and their attention can wander, but the experience can still be very positive. This kid's parents had recently divorced, and his dad was not very involved in his life. It can be very beneficial for a kid without a dad's presence to have someone take an interest in showing him how to fish...expecially if he catches something.

Quote Originally Posted by whopperstopper View Post
    The kid caught a nice hawg catfish..made cool video and released it...at least he wasn't using goldfish....as We havent seen worse...
    X2

What is the deal with live bait FW ?
    People use goldfish for big cats all the time. I'm a SW guy and have used Goldfish in the salt. They look like baby Garabaldi the state protected fish. Goldfish last 15 - 30 min in SW. When half dead drop them back in the FW bucket and they come back to life.
    Is that legal ?
    DR

City park lakes will always have guys with no licenses, guys with too many poles out, illegal live bait fishing with blue gills, people going over their limits, people always taking home the beloved bass, skunk filled days, kids throwing rocks in front of the water you're fishing.

I rarely frequent park lakes because I get tired of seeing all this type of activity. Just have to build a thick skin I guess. Will it ever stop? I don't think so. Take some time to approach the individual or individuals and try to educate them on the rules. If that is not your cup of tea, then call the authorities. Not much else you can do.

maybe a kids fishing derby at one of the local ponds that dont already have one. teaching a kid how to fish just might change there life i know it didf mine but thats a story for another day. im game if you guys wanna try and set something up lets all man up and do something nice, and i bet it will actually make us feel good even if just one kid showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    But what if you hate kids?

:-D
    I call BS! I specifically remember reading a report somewhere in which you described actually helping a kid you didn't even know, you mis-anthrop wanne be. END OF THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I call BS! I specifically remember reading a report somewhere in which you described actually helping a kid you didn't even know, you mis-anthrop wanne be. END OF THREAD!
    Hey, just because I put him on my tax return as a dependent so I can get more money from the federal government and then showed him how to put PowerBait™ on a hook in return, does not mean I like 'em.

And to reiterate, I don't hate ALL kids.

Just other people's kids. :-D

Cal-Tip, what a joke, everytime i call, "theres no officer in the area" or "ok we'll send someone out" and nobody shows, its a freakin joke if you ask me.

I remember when I was a kid, I use to put firecrackers in the fishes mouth...LOL

I was about 20 years old..LOL Let the email gangsters bang on the net.

Look the kid did something against regulations. Did he know what he was doing was wrong? I doubt it or he probably wouldn't have put it up on u-tube so that he could get blasted. He needs a mentor to school him in the regulations and taught some helpful skills and then he could down the line do the same for another wayward kid that shows interest in the outdoors but is uninformed.
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 10-19-2011 at 09:36 AM.

I think that the DFG doesn't send an officer out due to because it's probably not worth their time. For instance, you call the tip line and report that someone is taking over their limits in a park they would probably say okay, we'll send someone out but they never show up. But on the other hand, for instance you're fishing off the pier and call the tip line and say that anglers are taking over their limits of bonies or keeping undersized halibut then they will probably actually show up because the fines are greater for these regulations. What would you choose? Bust someone at a park (fine = $100) or bust someone on the pier (fine $500+) I know that I'm comparing fresh to salt but regulations are regulations. I remember a couple years ago, DFG was called to Newport Pier when the bonies came in and literally everyone had over their limits, did they know, some did some didn't. But when the DFG started to make his way to the end of the pier, a few people were running around telling everyone that DFG is here and to make sure you hide or throw away your limit or you will get a ticket. Well, the DFG busted a few people that day for keeping over their limits on the bonies. Fishing equipment was confiscated and they got a huge fine. Imagine $500 per fish for over limits and undersized fish. You know that the DFG is probably getting a portion of that fine given to anglers.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast