Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People who abuse our local park lakes!

Default People who abuse our local park lakes!

Just wanted to make a post about all these uneducated kids and adults going to parks lakes with no respect, not following DFG rules, and abusing bass and other species. Running around with fish in their hands, gut hooking them, and ripping the hook out, etc. Makes you think no wonder my local fishing spot kinda sucks......Check the video out. Using Live blue gill in a southern region lake/pond. These kids will ruin your local lake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsNOstKTBGQ Comments show "i just put a live bluegill on and he started going crazy and all of a sudden wam a huge boil and the bober was gone and thanks" This is not the 1st time watching activities like this go on around local lakes. If you see someone breaking laws or doing something wrong please educate them which if the problem continues call CALTIP. Even adults that are not following laws call CALTIP. I am keeping my eyes out as should all fisherman. We pay 50 dollars a year + to fish and have people with no license or compassion for the sport ruin our local waters. Catch & Release bass! Bust the poachers!

what lake is this video taken at. i dont fish the city park lakes much at all. i told my brother about the video hes commenting on it with his account.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 10-15-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

The kid looks under 16... he doesn't require a license, and kids will be kids. At least he releases the fish. Regardless, I will always keep an eye out for people who disregard the rules.

LOL...... He's a kid. I've fished with him a few times. He strickly CVR (catch, video, and release). Next time I see him, I'll be sure to let him know.

Probably not the brightest thing ive posted but hear it goes. My brother told me that some guy just called dfg on the kid in that video, Ill check out the comments for myself to see what my brother was talking about cuz calling dfg on a kid seems a extreme but whatever. You do what you gotta do. Oh, ok then. My brother was right. huh. Cant say i didnt see that coming though.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 10-15-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Wow. Now the kid's getting all this lip for posting it on youtube... once again, to whoever is bagging on his video, he is a KID. He will learn to respect the fish and the rules as he matures and grows up...

To the OP, I personally call the CalTip # any time i see an illegal activity and I'm sure it helps. My local city lake has been getting extra enforcement from special sheriff task forces on horses.

Also, please keep in mind that catch and release is up to the fisherman and doesn't make them a poacher if the don't C&R.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    To the OP, I personally call the CalTip # any time i see an illegal activity and I'm sure it helps. My local city lake has been getting extra enforcement from special sheriff task forces on horses.

Also, please keep in mind that catch and release is up to the fisherman and doesn't make them a poacher if the don't C&R.

Brian
    What is this CalTip phone number? I'd like to program it into my cell. Is it direct to the DFG or the LASD?

..Instead of putting him on blast, you could have told him to use live shad and crayfish, instead.

He would have fun making his own crayfish traps, and jigging for live shad (present at most city park lakes).

Just bitching about it and calling cal-tip wont stop this action, but you can by educating in a respectful manner.

All you guys crying about this kid need to calm the f*ck down,if somone educated this kid without being a lil ***** about it im sure he would listen.Some of you guys need to get that Ugly Stick out of your ***.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast