Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Double L Bass Feast

Default Double L Bass Feast

I got to Legg around 10:00 or 11:00 ready to kick back with my ipod and catch some carp or cats or nothing. I was walking to the spot I had picked out when I saw a guy standing on a white truck with a tank on the back. It looked like he was dragging crap out of the lake where the water runs out under Rosemead, but when I got closer I saw he was throwing stuff in...fish. He was dipping a net in the tank and taking it out full of fish and throwing them in the lake. He said he had to do it manually because there were three lakes to stock.

Great. I was happy he was putting catfish right where I was gonna be fishing for catfish. My lucky day. So I set up for the cats and got my lines out. Then I began to notice all these little fish hanging around right next to the bank...I mean like a foot or two from the bank. I looked closely, and I suddenly realized they were trout. That guy had been stocking trout. Trout season had started and totally taken me by surprise.

So I bring in my lines and start setting up for trout, but nothing happened. They weren't biting. I even dangled my bait right in front of their little faces, and all they did was sit there. They wouldn't take anything.

And then began the carnage. The bass had discovered this bounty and were harvesting it as fast as they could. Every where you could see dual streaks tearing across the water, a little one in front and a big one behind. Until today I didn't realize that trout can fly. They were leaping clean out of the water all over the place, and the chases just kept on coming.

I didn't have anything I could use to attract the bass, so I went back to my original plan. I got to hear a lot of my audiobook, but never got a bite. Several other guys were fishing those gigantic trout lures trying to trick the bass, but I didn't see anybody catch anything. If I was a bass I would rather eat a nice juicy real trout that a hard fake jointed one, but I guess that's just me. Still, they put on quite a show. I just wonder if there will be anything left for the cormorants.

nice, they stocked trout on all 3 lakes. Too bad u didnt catch trout. thx for the report Cartman

Nice to hear your still trying for carp John. Sorry I havent seen you Im working in a different location now. Let me know when cats, carp or trout are bitting at the Pudd.

sweet, the weeds at mile square are largely gone, I'll do some more spoonin tomorrow morning.

Default The Double L does it again ..

The flood gates are open i heard the same thing, its funny how bass know the delivery date ...