Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris Lake 10/14 Jetski Ramp Redear Expedition

That sounds tempting guys, but the float tubing thing is not really on my radar at this time. As you probably do not know, I have a very full agenda writing and working with other people for social and political change, plus of course my teaching, separate from my fishing activities. In fact, people have been recruiting me for collaborations. When I go fishing, I also like meeting with the average fisherpeople who shore fish such as out on the marina docks at Perris, and taking special gals including my wife and nieces fishing. And of course, there are those kids I help catch fish, such as young gal Evie last week. Float tubers are a special breed of fishing fans, but I applaud your success. Oh yeah, and if you have seen me fishing, you know I tend to run and hike around a lot, getting a lot of natural outdoors exercise.

Well Robert, you know you'll always have Anthony's and my tubes to experience with. Don't be shy. Nothing feel better than a cramped pair of legs, sun roasted body, and pruned body parts after a nice long day spent on a giant water bed, the LP

Good going on the panfish. Cool cat, too. Is it half Maine-Coon? Looks like a big cat.

Good job out there Robert.

AsianGuy, a giant lake-size waterbed does sound inviting. Too bad I am also a horrible swimmer, although I guess you don't have to swim in order to float tube, just kick your legs with the fins on.

Smokehound, the cat was from the Riverside Animal Shelter in 2002. She was already fixed, and already 3-4 years old; that is all we know about her background, but I always thought she looked 1/2 Persian. She could be 1/2 Maine Coon, or some other large breed. I have seen Maine Coon cats and they are very cute, a type I would like having. Gorjilina is a real furball so she is pretty large looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    AsianGuy, a giant lake-size waterbed does sound inviting. Too bad I am also a horrible swimmer, although I guess you don't have to swim in order to float tube, just kick your legs with the fins on.
    Don't worry about swimming desperate to get to land. The personal floating device will support you until help arrives. Plenty of boats and other tubers hang around where we all fish.

Great report. I've been thinking about fishing Perris from shore.

white belt, I buy an annual state parks pass, so it's a very inexpensive pastime, and I do catch a lot of fish, although I am sure I would catch more in a floating device. I find it very worthwhile -- fun, exercise, close to home, and usually good fishing except in the winter. I usually don't even buy bait. I use homegrown bait most of the time, or artificials. Oh yeah, I am also fertilizing my Dragon Fruit with the fish remains.

I don't know where you live, but I am guessing not too far away.

Okay AsianGuy, just look for the hairy caucazoidal type flailing in futility in a float tube, and you will most likely have found me. LOL

I'm out here in Azusa (between Puddingstone and Santa Fe Dam), so it is quite the drive, but it sounds like it's worth it. What kind of artificial lures do you use? I was thinking about picking up some beetle spins.

I like Puddingstone for fishing too, except they charge like $10 per vehicle except in the winter months when it's free. I saw the water level is down too, and there was that jetski vs. boat accident that killed 3 women the other day.

My daughter lives in Rowland Heights, so it's pretty close to go to Puddingstone from her house.

I use crappie jigs and flies (bobber and fly technique or sometimes fly rod) mostly. Sometimes I use spoons such as kastmasters or krocodiles. I am not into bass fishing much, but they use lots of lures, mostly plastics. I usually target panfish with artificials, but this year they haven't been very responsive to lures from shore or all the heavily fished docks. I really don't know why not. Most years there is heavy surface activity in the evenings as panfish feed on insects, but these past several months, they aren't doing that. When I read reports from boat anglers and float tubers, the panfish seem to be hitting the lures quite well, but not from shore. There are lots of good shorefishing areas at Perris, and the panfish are biting on various baits at least. I would suggest at least bringing some type of bait although hopefully the panfish soon will start responding to artificials along the shorelines once again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast