Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Perris Lake 10/14 Jetski Ramp Redear Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Jeff, I have been trying to add the pictures for about the last half-hour. Sorry fellows, but technically, this site really sucks. I select the photos, click a button to upload them, and it says I am already logged out, less than 5 minutes after logging in, and it doesn't upload the photos. I will try in this reply. The pictures are better for their aesthetic appeal than any impressive fish, but I must say they turned out really well.

Finally! I wrote the description of the photos before actually trying to add them, Jeff. I didn't think it would be so difficult.
    Thanks for the excellent report. Anyone can learn something from a report like that. But there's one thing that's bothering me. How come the cat isn't trying to eat the fish? I'm sure my dog would.

Smokehound, Fishmounter was surely referring to Sacramento Perch, which historically grew to over 10 pounds before catfish wiped out their best habitats in the central valley. Tule Perch only grow to 2,3,4 ounces, not pounds.

Cartman, you are the second person who asked the same question. I can see how it would be puzzling that Gorjilina isn't trying to eat the fish. The reason is that she prefers her "Go Fish" kitty treats which I keep near the place where I took the photos. She was asking me for those instead of checking out the fish. Gorjilina is a thoroughly domesticated cat.

I've got 4 cats and only one of them will eat raw fish if I break off a piece and put it down in front of her. My Golden Retriever on the other hand...will grab a whole Bluegill while I am getting ready to fillet them, and take it to "his spot"in the backyard and just kind of guard it. He doesn't really want to eat it, he just wants to make it his fish to carry around. Dogs are weird.... but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Smokehound, Fishmounter was surely referring to Sacramento Perch, which historically grew to over 10 pounds before catfish wiped out their best habitats in the central valley. Tule Perch only grow to 2,3,4 ounces, not pounds.

Cartman, you are the second person who asked the same question. I can see how it would be puzzling that Gorjilina isn't trying to eat the fish. The reason is that she prefers her "Go Fish" kitty treats which I keep near the place where I took the photos. She was asking me for those instead of checking out the fish. Gorjilina is a thoroughly domesticated cat.
    Oh, I see. Gorjilina is too much of a lady. I should have seen that in the photos.

Cartman, Gorjilina is a diva cat that likes to hunt. Last night she left a bird head and feathers in front of the door. She often leaves gopher pieces, rat heads, lizard tails, and even Kangaroo rat parts (Agile Kangaroo Rats which live around here, not the endangered Stephens Kangaroo Rat) in front of the house, but I think she does almost all of her hunting in the yard, if not in the yard, then nearby.

She is dainty about it, though. I find cats to be -- how shall I put this? -- much more restrained in their behavior than dogs. It is like a dog to quickly grab a fish, haul it away and guard it like a prize. Cats usually check something out first, sniffing it, licking it and looking at it, before deciding what to do with it. Plus, if it doesn't smell fatty, the cat probably won't be interested. Panfish are very low fat so they probably don't smell that tasty to cats. (By the way, I just saw in my Sierra Club magazine that Tilapia are extremely low in mercury so very safe to eat; the same probably applies to other panfish but they weren't listed.) I think some cats like any kind of raw fish but not that many as with Fishmounter's cats. My male cat Smurfull seems to like whatever fish I give him more than Gorjilina. Gorjilina did like a bunch of Milkfish belly fat and skin I gave her a couple of days ago. It was from a package I found in the freezer that my wife must have bought quite a while ago. I ate the more meaty parts (cooked, not raw). I am sure that Gorjilina liked the Milkfish's fattiness. She likes canned Tuna and canned cat food too, but I am sure that is relatively fatty. She also likes boy cats including Smurfull, by the way, although she is fixed. She is quite the feminine lady-cat.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345