Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's planning on smashing the Sierra Bows on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    That's what they say, full load of 'bows! I read WON cover to cover today, first time in a long time and they even mentioned this plant. Funny thing though, the lakes used to always post video of their plants and I did not see one of today's fish going in. Anybody?
    Marley check thier web site the video is there with 4 Tanks Stocked this morning.

Just got to the lake. Water still WAY to warm for trout. Focusing on cats

Update: on the water. Water temp is 68. I don't consider that cool or cold.
    Last edited by Surfnsnowboard3; 10-14-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Just got to the lake. Water still WAY to warm for trout. Focusing on cats

Update: on the water. Water temp is 68. I don't consider that cool or cold.
    Awe, come on! Their ad clearly says "cold." Would they print something that was not true? Now I have to stop by BPS and buy a new thermometer.

This weeks heat wave is over . Hopefully that will be the last one till next Summer . Might have to get to the lake early next week for my trout fix. Personally don't like the weekend crush at the lakes .

Around 80 to low 80's predicted thru Thursday of next week, following that high 70's, although I never trust the long range but doesn't sound all that trout friendly for a while yet. Don't want to be a killjoy, really, but this is very early to be getting pumped up about trout, it will be interesting to see if these fish want to bite. Just following the plant they may but a day or 2 later and they'll probably just go deep and try and survive and not worry about eating. Just a reality check.

An on the water report from someone that is in no way associated with the lake of a water temp of 68 and no droves of dead fish floating about and we are STILL TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER?!?! If you think that 68 degree water is too warm for trout to swim about and chew, i'll say it...you're on glue. We killed the fish last year with water well into the 70's. Questioning anything in the 60's is flat out silly.

And look at Marty calling his shot! A wide open bite the Sunday after the first full stocking of the season?! You're a much braver man than I Marty!! Im predicting fish for those that know what these fish want to eat and where this week's dining room happens to be. A few more truckloads and things will be in full swing. But what is for certain is that there are fish swimming around now that want to die this weekend, and if Marty wants to say that he's the guy that is going to find them, I say ...GO MARTY!!!

What rod and bait would you use this weekend? sapdawg11
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdawg11 View Post
    An on the water report from someone that is in no way associated with the lake of a water temp of 68 and no droves of dead fish floating about and we are STILL TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER?!?! If you think that 68 degree water is too warm for trout to swim about and chew, i'll say it...you're on glue. We killed the fish last year with water well into the 70's. Questioning anything in the 60's is flat out silly.

And look at Marty calling his shot! A wide open bite the Sunday after the first full stocking of the season?! You're a much braver man than I Marty!! Im predicting fish for those that know what these fish want to eat and where this week's dining room happens to be. A few more truckloads and things will be in full swing. But what is for certain is that there are fish swimming around now that want to die this weekend, and if Marty wants to say that he's the guy that is going to find them, I say ...GO MARTY!!!

On glue? I don't think that with the heatwave and continued Indian summer type weather that some of us that think it's a little warm for trout season are "on glue"!

We all have opinions and I don't think that it is very far fetched that the trout bite would not be wide open for very long. As I said it might be a good bite for a day or two but I would predict a pretty dramatic slow down after that.

If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time but if your wrong will you admit to it?

Oh and I personally did not predict death this time only a slower bite due to the trout not being very active because of the water temp.

Hey there's trout pics on the Corona website! Now if Marley kills them on Sunday then I'd say I am on glue, I prefer Keystone Light though.

Keystone light tastes like glue! Jk seal. Nobody is mentioning that its getting down to the 50s at night out here and a few hrs of 80s during the day shouldn' be too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Hey there's trout pics on the Corona website! Now if Marley kills them on Sunday then I'd say I am on glue, I prefer Keystone Light though.
    Last edited by phishin phool; 10-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast