Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Take it easy

Kill, kill, kill!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiefishtaco View Post
    mr. Stripey weights more than 20 pounds, some more than 30#s
    like the ones 30 pounder catches and releases on a daily basis

the ones beign landed are the baby-stripeys not mr.stripey

so if we end up with nothing but minis that can't grow because of food,
    and therefore can not reproduce, because are small,...minis
    where these minis come from?

The aqueduct striper egg and fry delivery system maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    Thanks Hawg- Castaic is the shining example of what stripers can do- Ask Giusti about it- cool that there will be 40 lb. stripers coming out of DVL, but it would be a better lake without them- of course I'm biased as a bass angler, it's a great lake for stripers now, but you could take every one you can catch and there's no way you could dent the population- I don't think you should just kill them and throw them in a dumpster, that's not cool at all, but take them and feed your family and friends, great eating and you might as well spread the wealth. Just my 2 cents DVL would be pumping out teen fish regularly by now if not for the linesides- still hoping the smallies keep getting bigger!
    THIS!!! with one addition, if they increased the limit to 25, have a fridge, dumpster kinda thing w/ ice whatever and feed people that need feeding! Why the heck not? Also, killing the big ones is very helpful as they spawn the most eggs. Just a thought...

A running river 30lber total different story than a res ,much easier to spawn and much easier to hide from the humans,,,,,,,,,,,,

T/o....check out the north east corner and let me know what you see in the water near the shallow end by the shore fishermen.
    They look to be striper fry.
    By the millions!

T/o....check out the north east corner and let me know what you see in the water near the shallow end by the shore fishermen.
    They look to be striper fry.
    By the millions!

I doubt you're seeing striper fry. It's well beyond the fry stage in their life cycle for this year. You are most likely seeing silversides.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    I doubt you're seeing striper fry. It's well beyond the fry stage in their life cycle for this year. You are most likely seeing silversides.
    Exactly. We were out last Tuesday fishing the pea soup with topwater at the same end of the lake. They (silversides) were jumping out of the water in many spots, I threw a senko where they were jumping and nailed LMB's one after another. Pea soup is good stuff for LMB'S...

I guess that answers my question.
    There body shape are simular to striper fry or like what you said yolo. (Silverside).
    I knew they were not shads or lmb frys.
    Last edited by 30lber; 10-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30lber View Post
    I guess that answers my question.
    There body shape are simular to striper fry or like what you said yolo. (Silverside).
    I knew they were not shads or lmb frys.
    Silversides are skinny, shad have fatter profiles and that dot on the shad stands out pretty well also.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567