Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Take it easy

kill them all
    bass, stripers, trout
    plant yellowtail.lol
    Last edited by eddiefishtaco; 10-12-2011 at 07:37 PM.

So if there a nuisance fish but we still shouldnt kill them all what about kill the bigguns(the 20+lbers) and release the smalller ones. 30lber skinner wasnt the only lake with huge striper, some people may often hear me talk about the sizes of these striper in general in all of these striper lakes. Pyramid and silverwood were ones with goliath striper in there. I had a cousin who caught up a 40lb striper out of pyramid, and a friend who caught several 20lbers and who swore up and down he caught about 8 stripers in one trip that all weighed around 10lbs.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Silverwood has takn a big hit. You can catch minis year round!
    But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.( trout stock season ).
    I think they just got to smart from all the pressure over the years.
    I dont know to much about whats going on at pyrmid,castaic, ect.
    All i ask from all the fellow anglers is to take it easy.
    Catch a hundred stripers and have fun,but release what your not going to eat.

As for those poachers out there.
    Ill be out more often than usual. I will take down your cf no and report
    you on the spot.
    Last edited by 30lber; 10-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30lber View Post
    Silverwood has takn a big hit.
    But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.

you on the spot.
    Nothing anybody can do with a CF number unless fish and game or a sworn person that has the power to cite witnesses it themselves. Just the way the law works.

Clearly understandable.
    I do carry a camera if it helps any and report it to the marina.
    Last edited by 30lber; 10-12-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Silverwood has takn a big hit. You can catch minis year round!
    But for some reason every winter they seem to pop up.( trout stock season ).
    I think they just got to smart from all the pressure over the years.

you on the spot.
    Wait i dont get it, you'll be out there more than normal just to catch poachers, or more than normal just cuz(just cuz meaning to fish).
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Really Silverwood has taken a big hit? Um personal observation based on fishing Silverwood multiple times a week (most weeks at least 4 times) for many years now tells me a different story.

Silverwood may be unique in that it has retained a trophy striper population, if you know where and when, schoolie size stripers, huge LMB population that is just exploding etc.... but I already went over that earlier.

I'd like to have someone explain to me how those pesky kill everything stripers have co-existed for years with the LMB's at Silverwood. The LMB population seems to go up and down, the striper population does the same it seems, the shad have definitely taken a hit but have come roaring back this year.

I know this thread is about DVL and I'm not sure you can apply my annectdotal observations of Silverwood to DVL but how's the LMB population at DVL or the shad population?

I kind of think we are all guessing because unless studies (shocking and counting) are done to determine fish population counts for many years it's all just speculation, and catch and release on any size of stripers in my opinion is not going to help the health of the striper population or any other species in the lake. I would assume the bigger older fish produce the most babies so not taking them actually would create more school size, therefore more competition, but that's just an assumption, I have no scientific info. to back that up.

Sorry 30lber you may need a trip up to Silverwood, it's been a while since you've been there I'm thinking!
    Last edited by seal; 10-13-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Seal, Your observation is just important than a so called biologist.
    We can use more people like you who clearly understands thier lake
    on a year round basis.
    Im no pro at all just stating what could happen to the lake future (dvl) if we
    keep this up.
    There are 2 types of fishermen.
    1: I like to call them 'conservationist' as they fish for fun
    and only keep whats fair. They respect all bodys of water and release
    when possible to conserve.
    2: poachers. I like to call them greedy bastards who have no moral is conserving
    to only think and take action at that moment to slaughter anything and
    Everything they could get there stinky law breaking hands on.

Fish a haulic....I will do my duty when nessasary to bust any poaching
    while enjoying the day fishing.
    It would be expected the same from all of yous.
    Last edited by 30lber; 10-13-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgzwylde View Post
    from what i have learned, california has now listed striper as a nuisance fish in fresh water lakes and reservoirs. Correct me if i'm wrong kwin. They will devour the shad and eat themselves and everything else out of existence. That is why the stripers at skinner are small and skinny. I have caught many bass in skinner that have huge heads and long skinny bodies. A sure sign of under eating. Stripers are a marine fish and should have stayed that way...kill kill kill mr. Stripey...
    you are wrong. Water exporters want the the Striper listed as a nuisance fish so they can continue to export water and blame the stripers for the crash of the central coast salmon populations, and not the fact that they have changed the flow of the delta to flow to the pumps instead of the ocean.
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 10-13-2011 at 12:28 PM.

You got to much time....
    Clearly understandable.
    I do carry a camera if it helps any and report it to the marina.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast