Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shad Net

Default Shad Net

I'm looking for a inexpensive shad net! Anyone know where I can get one that wont break the bank...

i got mine at sport chalet for $40. but i cant catch anything with it. guess the good ones are $250. gonna try friday 1 last time with it.

Go to the fishin fools in the valley, you can get a promar shad dip net for about 75.00 the trick to netting shad if your on a boat is to have 2 nets and have your fishing partner work the other net, it's almost impossible to net shad with 1 net, I was at Castaic on Monday and was able to net shad back in the coves were the water gets shallow work as a team and you'll get them good luck. The only problem with the big fancy dip nets is they create a lot of resistance in the water and are hard to work with.
    Last edited by Tonyc521; 10-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks for the tip tony. Sounds like a recon mission to get the shad.

Default Hi

It's not impossible to get shad with 1 net. I've done shad with 1 net all the time with or without a boat. So do other people. Anyways, I will be at the lake on the early morning of the 13th of October. I'll be the Asian dude by the dock trying to get shad. I'll be using a 30" shad net I hot from bob sands. Say hi if ur there and maybe we be lucky enough to get some fish candy.

By the way, if I can find the smaller net I got from fish and fools a while back, I'm gonna bring it and give it to you for FREE. no kidding. I know where the poles are just have to find the net

Quote Originally Posted by vertical View Post
    By the way, if I can find the smaller net I got from fish and fools a while back, I'm gonna bring it and give it to you for FREE. no kidding. I know where the poles are just have to find the net

Dang! That's really cool of you to do that for him! Hope he takes you up on the offer. There are some cool people in this network.

KF

Thanks vertical. That's offly nice of you. I would really love to fish tomorrow but unfortunitely I have to work. Hey If your willing to work something out we can meet somewhere. I'll be there this saturday and sunday forsure.

i just read your post .. im not gonna be around on the weekend ... if you live in the sherman oaks area... i can hand it over to you... and your in luck... i have the poles and net... so thats the best i can do... it has to be this week because come saturday... i will be very hard to track down because of work.... its the shad net they sell in fish and fools for around $75 if im not mistaken.... and ill give it to you for free.... its used but it works and can be used....

All I can say is I've had a hard time netting shad with 1 lrg net by myself it sounds like some guy's have had luck by themselfs, I have only tried from my boat never from the shore or dock so give it a try and get some. Hey vertical I'll take the smaller net if minjoser doesn't, I can't store the larger net on my boat I'm thinking about selling it. Thanks T
    Last edited by Tonyc521; 10-12-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast