Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: which harbor/bays are best for catching bugs?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

my time at the river

Good news for me... the reason i had such a hard time going back in with my cripple outboard was something so simple but vital in avoiding serious damage to the motor. After vaguely reading thread after tread of online outboard motor issue, I was prepare to shell out a pretty penny to get it back running thinking it would be something of the affect of a shaft or gear issue. after tossing and turning on what sort of damage I had done to the motor, I was destine to take the time and potentially disassemble the whole lower unit. So i mounted it up on my newly built home made outboard mount and started surgery....

I was about to start diss assembly when something told me to start at the prop end with out detaching the lower unit. Got the needle nose pliers to remove the retaining pin, I loosen the nut that holds the prop..... when... PRESTO! the pin that passes the torque to the prop had broken! My noob @ ss must of hit something an not notice the impact.... or it could of been now that I remember that i had the outboard on almost high neutral gear and went straight into forward?! luckily there where two extra pins that the previous seller had shown me inside the main engine compartment. And with that my baby dt6 was fixed and ready for war.

And with that, although bum over the possible motor damage that happen to me that night but later redeemed, I was happy for being able to catch some lobster. Maybe not the monster that some have display here, they where delicious keepers, skunk of mania was a no show, and it had been a successful fun 1st of the season outing.

Well, this was my time "at the river"... hope you enjoyed... my H.U.M.A.N. brothers...... till next time.....
    Last edited by madmax951; 06-12-2012 at 11:21 PM.