Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day trout stocking news flash!

Default Opening Day trout stocking news flash!

All,
    Just got off the phone with Dave Noyes, who is at Calaveras Trout Farms as we speak.
    He said that due to the cold-water conditions that existed all summer long, the fish are the best looking he has seen in a long time.
    Among the 20,000 total pounds stocked before the the Nov. 4 Irvine Lake Trout Opener, will be:
    5,000 pounds of 8-15 pound [eyeball estimate] rainbows.
    3,000 pounds of 5-8 pound brooks and browns.
    The rest will be quality-size rainbows in the 2-3 pound range.
    Not many steelhead are available this year, so they will be stocked later in the season.
    As the season progresses, there will be additional batches of the 8-15 pounders, and also lots of 3-8 pounders.
    Also, the lake is now heading into its second year of high-water, and many trout will have carried-over from last year, and some crafty ones will have carried-over for 2 years.
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Steve Carson; 10-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.

what lake are we speaking of?

Quote Originally Posted by headcase881 View Post
    what lake are we speaking of?
    I'm pretty sure this is for Irvine Lake

Quote Originally Posted by white belt View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is for Irvine Lake
    yup thats what i was thinking especially since this is in the Irvine Lake section.

sounds great hopefully this is the year i get my first brook or brown not going to be greedy and ask for both i will make me more then happy just to land one or the other.

last year i caught a few obvious hold overs they fight hard it would be sweet to catch a 2 year hold over that thing would practically be a wild trout.

WOW JUST THOUGHT BOUT IT WITH TWO YEARS OF HOLD OVERS THERE MIGHT BE SOME WICKED HOOK JAWS OUT THERE O MAN I AM SO PUMPED
    Last edited by Thisfool; 10-05-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    ....WOW JUST THOUGHT BOUT IT WITH TWO YEARS OF HOLD OVERS THERE MIGHT BE SOME WICKED HOOK JAWS OUT THERE O MAN I AM SO PUMPED
    Probably a few rainbows and I would bet a fairly large sum that there are some really big brown trout been holding over for a couple of years (or more.) Deep lake for cool summer water, plenty of forage and a propensity to feed when the weather is bad and people aren't fishing. Nice possibilities!

I seen a brown in there a few years back that was about 20 pounds. They are there, just hard to catch.

cant wait. hopefully the water level goes down a little bit so it opens up some more shore fishing area... hint hint

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    cant wait. hopefully the water level goes down a little bit so it opens up some more shore fishing area... hint hint
    Shore fishing? Uhh huh! Stick with your floaty deal and you'll do fine Killa! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    So every time we go fishing this year, everyone takes home a cooler full of water...

It would be nice to hit those spots that are just a little too deep right now. I miss Marley's Cove.
    Last edited by Marley; 10-06-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    So every time we go fishing this year, everyone takes home a cooler full of water...
    I'm in for a bucket or two....I know my buddies Apfish, Bebop and Killa sure miss "La Playa De Los Winderos"

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast