Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any fall trolling tips for Bridgeport Reservoir?

Quote Originally Posted by 1HR2BBL View Post
    GLoomis SJR 720, Sienna 1000 reel, 8# Iror xxx. Not the ideal set up for trolling, but it's what I have.
    What don't you like about it that makes it "not ideal"? ... just curious

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    What don't you like about it that makes it "not ideal"? ... just curious
    I was thinking leadcore would be ideal with a Penn 209M level wind and maybe a medium action ugly stick.

Quote Originally Posted by cjschock View Post
    I'll be up there the 14th-16th and then again the 20-23 with my boat . The first trip will be shore or tube fishing. I have done well on count downs and husky jerks in rainnbow, brown and gold. This year I have some new custom plugs and swimbaits that I plan on trying. I have read alot about the dam being good. This will be my first year trolling from a boat since we finally saved enough to buy one. Good luck out there.
    Good luck up there. I'll be there this weekend also, Oct 15th thru 17th and renting a boat. If you're fishing from shore hopefully you wont have the weeds hindering you. Should be great weather this weekend.

The water should be cold enough for toplining I think u will be alright. Im goin nov 4th through the 7thdrive and again the last weekend so I hope I get something decent!

Just got back. Thick weeds on BP rez and the water is turning over. Twin lakes also is still in the mid 50s water temp. Not many fish moving up yet. Talked to a guide and he is getting some by the dam but the water looks like pea soup right now. Going to hope for a storm and make at least one more run at it.

I'll be up from the 9th to the 12th so hopefully the rez shakes out before then.

Fishing is awesome right now for bait anglers fishing from boat. I had limits every day with inflated baby night crawlers 18" off the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12