Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.w.a.t walrus and panda attacked the yft offshore on the aztec

Default S.w.a.t walrus and panda attacked the yft offshore on the aztec

Decided to Jump on the Aztec on September 16th on a 976tuna 1 1/2 day charter as I posted on the general discussion board inviting any other FNNers but wanted to join. Oh well no one else could make it so we had to go without you guys ha ha. My buddy Danny and I were at the dock at 7:30pm hoping the boat will leave early since the plan was to do the long run 140mi to reach the tuna grounds. Behold we look at the clock 9...9:30....10....10:10 finally the boat shows up they had to drop off the crew of the previous trip that fished the tuna pen's and got the SKUNK. All 24 +2 deadheads finally got on board sign in, get bait we did not leave the harbor till after 11pm WTH>>>!

I was up in the morning the captain announces that we are going chug towards the tuna grounds and if we see any fishy paddies we will stop and try our luck. Little did they know Walrus and Panda was on the prowl today and the fish had no chance. We hit a couple paddies and finally got into a ripper yellowtail everyone was bent the yellows hit any bait that hit the water. Hookup Walrus !!!!!!!! I was on a firecracker I yell gaff Deck Hand runs up and proceed to gaff my fish first try miss, second try miss, third try miss, fourth try he wrapped my fish around the gaff he finally un wraps it and I was like move Ill just bounce it up and over. I hook into another one Deckie runs over and miss twice Ugh, well up and over!!! So I decided to bounce the rest of my yellows those little guys are hard to stick with the gaff I should of bounce them from the get go. I think the final count on yellows were 68.

We finally hit 120 mi about 2:00 put the trollers out we got stopped a couple times and picked at a couple fish. Then a little bird came and landed on our boat I knew it was a good sign. The little bird settled in between our gunny sacs.

The captain then says reel up the troller's the boats in the 140 zone are doing good. We show up to the spot a hour or so later to see the Indian posted up in a spot the deck hand says they are out of bait so we headed towards them. Everyone thought we were handing them off some bait but that was not so we rolled up and the captain said Captain Randall is handing us off a school of fish. After my previous trip on the Indian I cannot say enough good things about the Indian Captain Chris Randall and his crew they are a class act and excellent crew and is probably one of the best boats I have been on.

So we roll up the Walrus starts barking Ark!!! Ark!!! Ark!!! Then HOOKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone on the Aztec was yelling the Indian was yelling. It was awesome!!

We had a couple other stops Walrus and Panda proceeded to catch their fill.

It ended up being another excellent trip also thank you red from 976 for all the action shots.

Final count

Total boat count 68 yellows 47 yellowfin and a handfull skipjack

Walrus 7 yellowfin 5 yellowtail

Panda 4 yellowfin 3 yellowtail 2 skipjack

The fish are still biting offshore

Go get em!!!

ToadsToadsonly

Go Big Or Go Home

Add me on HUNT FOR BIG FISH on Facebook

Link

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114189495339212/
    Last edited by ToadsToadsOnly; 10-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.

great post! but i gotta ask, where did u get the panda and walrus mask?

Good job on the slay,Those masks are"gangsta"
    Last edited by GETBIT!; 10-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Excellent. You guys kicked some *****...

Sweet! Love those 8- and 9-foot sticks!

Awesome trip.
    DR

Good stuff out there bro! Loving the Panda and Walrus hats lol

Sweet Jonathan!
    Gotta love a wide open bite with everyone bent.
    There is one pic where it just looks chaotic...
    Thanks for the report and pics Bro,
    Robert
    <><

Hi ToadsToadsOnly,

WTG on the fishys ! Great report and pics.

JapanRon

Default Yeahhhhhhhh.......

.....I have to agree, great report and pics put ya right there.....very cool fishing

Well done gentlemen, thanks for sharing......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast