Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Who saw ESPNs "Catching Hell"?

Default Who saw ESPNs "Catching Hell"?

Man, that Steve Bartman is one unlucky SOB...

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Man, that Steve Bartman is one unlucky SOB...

He caught a STD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    He caught a STD ?

Oh, no, no, no. You see, Steve Bartman was a Cubs fan who... hey, wait a second... you're joking around aren't you?!?!?!

END OF THREAD!!!

I saw it and had a few moments where I wanted to throw a baseball at my TV.

The first was Bill Buckner saying that "Any fan" would've done the same thing he had. And that he himself would've done the same thing.

Now, that is absolutely retarded. Maybe your average Doyer fan would've automatically done the same thing, but the MINUTE the ball went up, there is no way your intelligent baseball fan rooting for the Cubs, would've NOT created a 10 foot buffer for Moises to catch that ball. I would've run a chain saw through all the morons who were near the area, to ensure that the Bartman situation didn't go down. Done it before, and I'll do it again.

Case in point: The infamous morons who sit on the field level who decide to grab a ball hit fair down the line to cause it to be a ground rule double? I've yelled at people with their crotch fruit to not touch the ball. You think this would be common sense! But, if you have to explain that when someone is on first, they cannot score when a ball is ruled as a ground rule double, what can you really expect.

Anyway, back to Buckner. To have an ex major leaguer say that "he would've done the same thing?"

Absolutely ridiculous.

Bartman being painted as a 'victim' was also ludicrous. You effed up. Deal with it.

Apparently we live in an age where we don't hold people accountable for stupid actions.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 10-04-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I saw it and had a few moments where I wanted to throw a baseball at my TV.

The first was Bill Buckner saying that "Any fan" would've done the same thing he had. And that he himself would've done the same thing.

Now, that is absolutely retarded. Maybe your average Doyer fan would've automatically done the same thing, but the MINUTE the ball went up, there is no way your intelligent baseball fan rooting for the Cubs, would've NOT created a 10 foot buffer for Moises to catch that ball. I would've run a chain saw through all the morons who were near the area, to ensure that the Bartman situation didn't go down. Done it before, and I'll do it again.

Case in point: The infamous morons who sit on the field level who decide to grab a ball hit fair down the line to cause it to be a ground rule double? I've yelled at people with their crotch fruit to not touch the ball. You think this would be common sense! But, if you have to explain that when someone is on first, they cannot score when a ball is ruled as a ground rule double, what can you really expect.

Anyway, back to Buckner. To have an ex major leaguer say that "he would've done the same thing?"

Absolutely ridiculous.

Bartman being painted as a 'victim' was also ludicrous. You effed up. Deal with it.

Apparently we live in an age where we don't hold people accountable for stupid actions.
    The real blame should have been place on Bernie Mac (rest his soul.) END OF THREAD.