Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sun. 10/2

Default Sun. 10/2

Well my plan for the day was to rent a skiff out of redondo, so I woke up early and headed off with my wife and son. After driving 45 minutes we got there to find out only one boat was working and it was out! Oh well, let's back track all the way to castaic. We arrived at the lake around 9am and rented a boat. I trolled my way to a cove in the fish arm then dropped anchor. I start setting up my sons pole and as I'm tying on his favorite bait(zoom fluke), a small boil blows up 5 ft from from the boat! Needless to say I drop everything and grab my set up (rapala x rap), cast out and the water is still. cast out again and again nothing, too late... I was working the area a bit and see tons of shad swim right under the boat. This time I was prepared! Seconds later three nice strippers crash the surface, toss out and BAM! Fish nails my lure as soon as it hits the water. I'm thinking, wow finally I get a nice line side! I get the fish to the boat after a few drag peels and it's a beautiful bass! At least 5 lbs give or take a few oz's. Finished the day off with 2 more bass and that chunky momma! No strippies for the dinner plate but I drove home satisfied! This is my first post, so when I get home from work I'll figure out how to load the pics. Oh yea, my wife decided to cool off and take a dip at the dock. Totally on purpose I swear!http://emob1239.photobucket.com/albu...1317837122.jpg
    Last edited by 44props; 10-05-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Congrats on getting the in the fish.

It sounds like a the fall back plan worked out well.

It sure did. And it was more fun than seals stealing my fish all day!

Nice job on getting the family out for a good time spent at Castaic Lake.

"Oh yea, my wife decided to cool off and take a dip at the dock. Totally on purpose I swear!"

Don't you hate it when that happens, and they happen to have on a white t-shirt