Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Carpinteria

Default Hello from Carpinteria

Hello everyone. I was recently turned on to this web site by a fishing buddie. I have spent the last couple of weeks reading posts and already feel like I have new family!
    A brief bit about me... My name is John, I go by Bluesman since I have been fortunate enough to travel the Mid-west in several Blues bands. I am born and raised in Mid Wisconsin. Enjoyed fishing the crystal clear water for Trout, panfish, pike and Musky!
    Later moved to Missouri and fished the mighty Truman lake. Great memories fighting the Bass hogs and Crappie.
    As of recent I have moved to southern Cali. and after 6 years restocked my tackle and just tried Surf fishing for the first time, and LOVING it. pulled 2 large shovel noses in this morning.
    I look forward to getting to know you all better, and if ever in Carp... lets hit the surf together.
    Thanks Bluesman

Welcome to the show

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Hello everyone. I was recently turned on to this web site by a fishing buddie. I have spent the last couple of weeks reading posts and already feel like I have new family!
    A brief bit about me... My name is John, I go by Bluesman since I have been fortunate enough to travel the Mid-west in several Blues bands. I am born and raised in Mid Wisconsin. Enjoyed fishing the crystal clear water for Trout, panfish, pike and Musky!
    Later moved to Missouri and fished the mighty Truman lake. Great memories fighting the Bass hogs and Crappie.
    As of recent I have moved to southern Cali. and after 6 years restocked my tackle and just tried Surf fishing for the first time, and LOVING it. pulled 2 large shovel noses in this morning.
    I look forward to getting to know you all better, and if ever in Carp... lets hit the surf together.
    Thanks Bluesman
    Welcome Bluesman. Nice to see a fellow musician/fisherman aboard. Have you heard of the Voodoo Dogs based out of Ventura? A good friend of mine is the guitarist in that band...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Welcome Bluesman. Nice to see a fellow musician/fisherman aboard. Have you heard of the Voodoo Dogs based out of Ventura? A good friend of mine is the guitarist in that band...
    Sorry I have not. I started a Band here a couple years ago but had to disband... everyone was so distant and scheduling was too difficult. I would love to tour the Blues circuit locally. Some Bands know of me, and I have jumped in some sets. I will keep an I on them. Thanks for the tip.

Its so nice to be here. thanks for the Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Thanks Bluesman
    Welcome to the site. What instrument do you play.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Thank you Fish-o-haulic. I play harmaonica and lead vocals.

oh cool, i play drums and have been for all my life.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Welcome aboard, John. Glad to have you here. I'm not a musician, but I LOVE the Blues. I'd like to hear
    your band some time. And maybe see you out on the water. By the way, l'm into surf Fly fishing. Freshwater, too.

Welcome, your in a great surf fish area.
    Used to fish trout and bass but have been a SW guy the last 30 years.
    Check out SharkBaits video on the SW surf board posted today.
    DR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast