Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Perris 10/1 Crapatastic day indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_Tracker View Post
    I just kinda skimmed through this thread, so if someone already mentioned this, then my apologies....You do realize that the "possession” limit is 5. From reading, it seems like you possessed more then 5. That is why some fishermen cull.

1.17. Bag and Possession Limit.
    No more than one daily bag limit of each kind of fish, amphibian, reptile, mollusk or crustacean named in these regulations may be taken or possessed by any one person unless otherwise authorized; regardless of whether they are fresh, frozen, or otherwise preserved. Exceptions: See Sections 7.00, 7.50(a), 27.60(c), and 195, Title 14, CCR.”

Just my .02, but I don’t agree with keeping a stringer of fish just to take a photo. If you’re on a tube and you need to put one on a stringer to get your camera out, that’s cool. But to keep a stringer full of bass or any kind of fish, I don’t agree with…..except cats, they are like roaches and live forever. Anyway, not trying to cause an argument, just giving my .02…
    Actually the limit at Perris is 2 at 15" ..... posted at the entry gates.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    Actually the limit at Perris is 2 at 15" ..... posted at the entry gates.
    Then that's even worse...lol. Doesn't matter to me, I don't keep LMB. I was just stating that it sounds like he could have got popped for his stringer.

On a side note, I'll be fishing LP this Saturday. I need to get familiar with that lake since it's in my backyard now....I think I'll take my baby girl (5) and wife out with me. I could set up a drop shot for her or even drag a worm a few feet deep with a bobber for her. As for me, maybe I can hook into one of these lunkers everyone keeps talking about.

The lunkers are hard to convince to bite but there are many 4 to 5 pounders that are willing. Drop shot works great on fish up to 3lbs (in my experiance). For bigger fish I would throw big baits on a Texas rig...senkos and craws....good luck out there...I will be there Sunday.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678