Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris 10/1 Crapatastic day indeed

Believe it or not Asianguy's story is very believable. I went out in July with a friend and we hooked 7 fish over 5lbs in a matter of 20 minutes...trust me when I tell you that Perris has a ton of 5+lbsers in the lake. I have done Volunteer work with DFG and seen it for myself. Is it hard to believe that I caught my 2 PB's in a matter of about 2 months...one was 8lbs12oz and the other12lbs 8oz....Perris holds large fish. That being said, it takes skill to catch them and I have pics of my fish to prove it , I personally would not put a bass on a stringer because I dont intend to do anything but CPR them.....but AsianGuy hasnt done anything wrong in a legal point of view. Like anything though...a pic is worth a 1000 words. Just my $.02.

Uhhhh OK? The same guy that told someone to fish Lake Matthews. And why someone would put bass on a stringer, or any fish you are going to realese make absolutely no sense to me. Not good for the fishies
    Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Trust me if theres anyone who knows probably even the exact statistic that those fish have of surviving its asianguy. hes the most knowledgable person on our local fisheries and the fish in them on this board.
    Last edited by phishin phool; 10-03-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Asianguy you need to get yourself a waterproof camera made by fuji. there not that expensive. and let's see this clip that keep's fish alive without any harm done post some pics!!

By all means he did do something wrong its called wasting the animal bass should never be on a string for c&r purposes there is a reson the pros use a live well. And your selfishness. Of wanting to take the pic killed the next 10 lb er. I have caught a crap load of bass this summer and not one pic from the tube oh well I know my fish swam away ALIVE. I am with u on tubes ,electroncis, and water don't mix I dropped my phone over on bersconie side but didn't put that 7 lber on a stringer for show and tell. In my opinion you show one hell of a lack of sportsman ship by gloating. About your doomed "C&R Stringer"
    Last edited by headcase881; 10-03-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by headcase881 View Post
    By all means he did do something wrong its called wasting the animal bass should never be on a string for c&r purposes there is a reson the pros use a live well. And your selfishness. Of wanting to take the pic killed the next 10 lb er. I have caught a crap load of bass this summer and not one pic from the tube oh well I know my fish swam away ALIVE. I am with u on tube and water don't mix I dropped my phone over on bersconie side but didn't put that 7 lber on a stringer for show and tell. In my opinion you show one hell of a lack of sportsman ship by gloating. About your doomed C&R. Stringer

I meant that keeping bass that are of legal limit and size is ok but I really dont agree that putting them on a stringer for pic purposes is ok.

One hundred percent if u enjoy fish and have ur license. U are able to keep them but I don't feel they should be tugged around while u paddle trying to max your days catch for only a pic bass stress easily
    Last edited by headcase881; 10-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.

This is bizarre....

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    This is bizarre....
    Agreed!

Steve, thank for the heads up on the Fuji camera. Digital I hope. I have a waterproof pouch for the other digital, the pouch is more cumbersome than expected. It doesn't allow me to mount onto the camera rig for video action. I'll come up with something. As for the clipper, I'll definitely show a completed one as soon as I get to the hardware store and grab a few. Once done, I'll lend you one to test it out, and give me your best judgment. Like I said, you got to use one to believe.

headcase, trust me when I said it hurts me more to see that stringer still attached to the basses as they slipped away. I don't care much for the stringer setup itself, but all that prize fishes for the future fun that other could have..I don't gloat about that stringer, but rather, pissed off because I couldn't do anything about the fishes that are still attached to the stringer. The way I set up the stringer is not just some flimsy design. It's property spanned with proper interval to prevent such fatigue from occurring, while they glide in the water without efforts. Like I said, it took me a year of research and development to get the design down. Lost a few trouts along the way during their struggles and they got free. But, I also improved the spring tension to prevent that from happening now. 48 to 52psi is the key ticket. Oh..as for the live well, a tube is not a boat, and the cooler is definitely not large enough. The largest float mesh basket's openings are still too small..so..any idea?
    Last edited by TheAsianGuy; 10-03-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    This is bizarre....

lol
    Yeah it got weird.....haha

understandable i dont have a clue of the setup ur talking about dont mean to give u a hard time im pretty sure u tried ur hardest to retrieve them i reread ur post a caught the part about searching for them till 930 like i said dont mean to raz u about it im just not into paradeing my catch around from what it sound like u did ur research and a apparatice of the quality ur talking about might give us tubbers a chance at some tournement style fishing
    Last edited by headcase881; 10-03-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast