Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris 10/1 Crapatastic day indeed

Default Perris 10/1 Crapatastic day indeed

Air temp: 62°F from 6 to 7am. 73°F from 7 to 8. 84 to 89° the rest of the day (left at 4pm). Freaking humid!

Water temp: 74°F at surface down to 3 feet from 6 to 9am. 78 to 81°F down to 2 feet from 9am to 4pm. Warm!

Water level receded another 3ft, showing quite a bit of the tules roots.

Fishes depth: between 4ft to 10ft from 6 to 10am. 6ft to 27ft from 10am to 4pm.

Once that sunlight hits, a great majority of the fish went to the deeper depths. 6:10am, unloaded at Parking lots 11-12 ramp, joined by a possible FNNer with a Silver FishCat (brand new..shiny!) I barely throw my line into the water with the Senkoswim watermelon so I can get my Rapala X ready on the second line. less than 3 seconds, that line got slammed by a 2-lbers. Dang! Not even 10 feet from shore. The FishCat tuber tossed a BassPro frog on 2nd cast into the tules, and SLAM! Missed during hook set. Pretty big from the bendo he received. Loaded my 2nd line, and barely tossed it in, both lines got slammed. Another 2lbs/3lbs(or may the same one) slammed my Rapala X purple, and a 3/4-lb crappie snagged my senko. BOIL! ~150ft off the ramp. Time to chase. Switched senko over to YoZuri Tennessee. Both lines slammed, and I'm being pulled into the tules. Rods were nearly doing a U. I lighten the drag, and those who took off into the weeds. Took nearly 20 minutes of fight, and landed a bass the size of my leg. Uncertain of the weight. While hauling the pig out, my other rod was creaking. I'm not about to have another broken rod here. Toss the fish on the back of my toon, and give chase to the other one. Got slapped constantly while chasing the other one. Out of the water, the same one got my beanie was a freaking carp! Estimated to be 5lbs. 40 minutes in, two fishes on the boat. Both lines were temporarily tossed over on the side, so I can take photo ops. AGAIN! Dang it! Rods went bendo, and got dragged into the water. Fishes, or rods? RODS! Grabbed the rods, fishes went overboard!

Time to chase those pigs. Can't find them by 9:30am, so, went to the island southeast side. Can't believe how much salad there is. My lines get snagged like crazy. Once pass the shallow area, and directly behind the island, 25 to 30ft depth, the fish finder lit up. Schools after schools of large fishes. Switched to macks and anchovies, sandwiched with marshmallows. Senko on the other rod. 5 minutes at 20ft depth, major bendo on the stink line. 10 minutes fight, and second snag. Drags were screaming. Boaters were yelling, "Go! Go! Get them!" Do you see I have four arms? 15 minutes fight, 7lbs bass and a 9lbs cat. Stringer time. 10am to 2pm, total 7 basses more than 5lbs, 10 basses at 2lbs or less. 3 cats, 1 carp.

Lesson learned: Never, ever take photos on a tube/toon with that many aggressive fighters on your stringer until you get to shore. Nearly loss my phone that I use as a camera when the basses decide to do an escape act. If you guys find a blue stringer with a whole bunch of fishes on it, you found my fishing day

Great job out there! Water is still going down huh? How much did it go down from last Tuesday do you think?

I have been to perris many times, never no pics of a catfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    Air temp: 62°F from 6 to 7am. 73°F from 7 to 8. 84 to 89° the rest of the day (left at 4pm). Freaking humid!

Water temp: 74°F at surface down to 3 feet from 6 to 9am. 78 to 81°F down to 2 feet from 9am to 4pm. Warm!
    ules roots.

Fishes depth: between 4ft to 10ft from 6 to 10am. 6ft to 27ft from 10am to 4pm.

Once that sunlight hits, a great majority of the fish went to the deeper depths. 6:10am, unloaded at Parking lots 11-12 ramp, joined by a possible FNNer with a Silver FishCat (brand new..shiny!) I barely throw my line into the water with the Senkoswim watermelon so I can get my Rapala X ready on the second line. less than 3 seconds, that line got slammed by a 2-lbers. Dang! Not even 10 feet from shore. The FishCat tuber tossed a BassPro frog on 2nd cast into the tules, and SLAM! Missed during hook set. Pretty big from the bendo he received. Loaded my 2nd line, and barely tossed it in, both lines got slammed. Another 2lbs/3lbs(or may the same one) slammed my Rapala X purple, and a 3/4-lb crappie snagged my senko. BOIL! ~150ft off the ramp. Time to chase. Switched senko over to YoZuri Tennessee. Both lines slammed, and I'm being pulled into the tules. Rods were nearly doing a U. I lighten the drag, and those who took off into the weeds. Took nearly 20 minutes of fight, and landed a bass the size of my leg. Uncertain of the weight. While hauling the pig out, my other rod was creaking. I'm not about to have another broken rod here. Toss the fish on the back of my toon, and give chase to the other one. Got slapped constantly while chasing the other one. Out of the water, the same one got my beanie was a freaking carp! Estimated to be 5lbs. 40 minutes in, two fishes on the boat. Both lines were temporarily tossed over on the side, so I can take photo ops. AGAIN! Dang it! Rods went bendo, and got dragged into the water. Fishes, or rods? RODS! Grabbed the rods, fishes went overboard!

Time to chase those pigs. Can't find them by 9:30am, so, went to the island southeast side. Can't believe how much salad there is. My lines get snagged like crazy. Once pass the shallow area, and directly behind the island, 25 to 30ft depth, the fish finder lit up. Schools after schools of large fishes. Switched to macks and anchovies, sandwiched with marshmallows. Senko on the other rod. 5 minutes at 20ft depth, major bendo on the stink line. 10 minutes fight, and second snag. Drags were screaming. Boaters were yelling, "Go! Go! Get them!" Do you see I have four arms? 15 minutes fight, 7lbs bass and a 9lbs cat. Stringer time. 10am to 2pm, total 7 basses more than 5lbs, 10 basses at 2lbs or less. 3 cats, 1 carp.

Lesson learned: Never, ever take photos on a tube/toon with that many aggressive fighters on your stringer until you get to shore. Nearly loss my phone that I use as a camera when the basses decide to do an escape act. If you guys find a blue stringer with a whole bunch of fishes on it, you found my fishing day
    Last edited by Perris Bluegill Chaser; 10-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.

You caught 7 bass and each one weighed more than 5 lbs each? Or you caught 7 bass that combined in weight was more than 5 lbs? How in the world do you lose a stringer full of fish? I sure hope you did not lose a stringer full of big bass... No pics? Not even one pic of a big bass? Sure you caught 17 bass and 7 of those were over 5 lbs.... something is fishy here...

OK.. I just read your title of your post. You had a crappy day right? You got skunked. Your post was just a joke..

something smells.......

So umm, did you lose your stringer with the catfish on it?

what? how is this a craptastic day if you caught helllla fish!??!?!?!

So how many bass did you catch? and keep? just curious

im thinking he was refering to the crappy part being looseing the days catch and the tastic part was the days catch in general.....correct me if im wrong. i dont think any thing fishy i have been on that lake and slamed 22+ in a seven hour day so it could happen. congrats on the catch.....dont know what to say about the excapies other than it sound like there doomed. at least they are on the chew again i was there a couple weeks ago and only brought two in the tube.

If you really did catch that many large bass Im truly not sorry for ya..... Thats what you get for putting them on a stringer! The LMB Gods have spoken! Always practice CPR with big LMB.....
    Last edited by HawgStalker; 10-02-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast