Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2k11 Playoff Baseball Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    I called it on 10/10
    That LaRussa was a great manager?

Did you watch Game 2?

First, he sends his outfield into a 'no doubles' defense, that allows Ian Kinsler's Texas-leaguer (no pun intended) to fall for a single. THEN, Mr. Brilliance decides to take out his flame thrower Motte to play classic "LaRussa Lefty Lefty Matchup" bring in the 2000 year old Arthur Rhodes to face the left handed Josh Hamilton. THEN, LaRussa tried to explain why he did that, and said he went with Rhodes because "Hamilton is a good fastball hitter." Um, Hamilton hasn't been able to hit a fastball since mid-September, battling injuries throughout the series. He had gone 0 for everything in his last 5 at bats.

Hamilton even went as far as saying he was so injured that:

1. admitted he would be on the disabled list, if this weren't the World Series;
    2. spent time earlier in the day trying to figure out how to hit without using his legs for power;
    3. make a prime candidate for being victimized by a bunch of inside fastballs.

But yes, let's go with Arthur Rhodes, which pretty much caused the Cardinals Game 2.

But yes, Tony LaRussa is the GREAT manager who never out thinks even himself. ;-)
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 10-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

La Russa is legit. We can break down several mistakes on both mgrs why was there a steal that with a good tag mina throws the guy out? Bottom line is STL will win

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    It's like I'm a fricking magic 8 ball!
    La Russa is to blame for Cardinals' Game 5 loss [Yahoo]
    La Russa's sloppy mistakes cost Cardinals World Series Game 5 [SI.com]
    Tony La Russa cost his team Game 5 [HardballTalk]

That definatley was a Larussa screw up. It's going to go 7 and who will be the unlikely hero in that game? Furcal? Young? I mean its gonna go down like that. Does King Albert go wild again? Does Hamilton crush when he needs to? Does Furcal play like the young old Furcal? It's definately been a great series so far. I mean, Molina, Napoli, Pujols, Beltre, they are all tearing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    That definatley was a Larussa screw up. It's going to go 7 and who will be the unlikely hero in that game? Furcal? Young? I mean its gonna go down like that. Does King Albert go wild again? Does Hamilton crush when he needs to? Does Furcal play like the young old Furcal? It's definately been a great series so far. I mean, Molina, Napoli, Pujols, Beltre, they are all tearing it up!
    It's been a great series !

I'm amazed that Furcal and Beltre havn't got injured yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    I'm amazed that Furcal and Beltre havn't got injured yet ...
    Simple.

They're not wearing Dodger uniforms anymore.

Simple.

They're not wearing Dodger uniforms anymore.
    You win a prize ..

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    You win a prize ..
    And apparently so did the Smartest Manager of All Time™.

Anybody into betting?

Somebody buy that genius a beer!

And apparently so did the Smartest Manager of All Time™.

Anybody into betting?

Somebody buy that genius a beer!

Fucal got luckier ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12