Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona lake stocking trout weds!!!9/28

Default Corona lake stocking trout weds!!!9/28

CORONA LAKE ANNOUNCED ON FACEBBOOK THAT THEY WILL BE STOCKING "SIERRA BOWS" TOMARROW!!!!WISH I COULD BE THERE....WELL GOOD LUCK TO WHO EVER GOES!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yea i saw the same thing were goin on saturday how many pounds do they usually stock the first time ?

Way too early... that water's still warm! I bet a whole bunch are gonna die off.

How many pounds is a good question

I love fishing Corona and SARL and I defend them on most things they do. Planting trout in water that is realistically too warm for them, just to be the first, is not one of them. We have heat coming in before truly cold nights cool the water enough, always do mid-October. Those of you who will tube the lake this weekend will feel the result of this plant when you kick the dead, suspended trout while moving around. Trouble is, all that dead meat in the water will kill any catfish bite. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to get out there Sunday, but I think I'm going to be right.

Just how am I suppose to come up a good enough to excuse to ditch my priorities, with such sort notice? Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony I. View Post
    Just how am I suppose to come up a good enough to excuse to ditch my priorities, with such sort notice? Thanx!
    http://killroys.com/articles/reading-water-part-2/

Refer to the above article for info on water temp and trout. Condensed version states at water temp of 75 and above (which Corona is at), the trout will die.

Also at high water temps, the trouts metabolism is slow so it won't feed (thus we won't catch them).

I hope I'm wrong, but it appears Corona is content with sending trout to their deaths. Very sad.

Another interesting point....read 597(a) of the California Penal Code....

FYI, the water temp is now 69 to 70 degrees at Corona. Only 1,000 pounds will be stocked this coming Weds.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinglakes.com View Post
    FYI, the water temp is now 69 to 70 degrees at Corona. Only 1,000 pounds will be stocked this coming Weds.
    Technically at the top of their range, but too hot. You know I love ya, just not right now!

why you guys saying its too hot.. instead of being happy that they are trying to bring the trout season early you guys are crying..wow have u took a look outside and see how chilly it is

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast