Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: "What a difference a day makes" ......... la de daaa...

Default "What a difference a day makes" ......... la de daaa...

Time: 0530hrs
    A.O: Home front
    Water clarity: Fair (but definetly not like yesterday)
    Temp: 58 degrees F
    Surf: 1-2 ft
    Tide: +3 incoming
    Weather: Cool, Cloudy, Windy
    Bait: LCs

On the water at greylight and sending out one of my team members LC Flashminnow for some wet duty. With the stronger headwind it was tougher to get it out there. It was after sun-up before getting something interesting but I was hoping for uping it from yesterday.....hey, a guy can hope can't he?
    During one of the crazy sideways current retrieves I got hit....short fight and landed:

After releasing that Hali I pressed on with a plan to cover as much beach as possible, as I was doing so and ran into a fellow FNNer who I have shared this location with in the past. After a short chat he went about his assult and I mine.
    Wasn't long during my trench warfair I got another hit and tug
    Was a lot stronger and wanted to fight, controlling the drag and the retrieve I was happy to see this guy come ashore:

Feeling good about the morning so far I continue my southernly direction although slightly hindered with a fair amount of fellow fisherman appearing on-scene. Most others seem to be reporting slow results if any. I continued until 10ish and decide thats enough for now, I've got some vehicle maintenance to attend to so......

....tight lines everyone, 'til next time, thanks for listening......

Nice. Something about those Halibut with the White dots. They look so cool.

Cool post, nice pics, thnx
    DR

Hey Nip Twist, Seen any Humbolts in the surf ?
    DR

Hey NT,

Again, nice fish and thank you for the report.
    You are definitely having some quality time out there in the trenches!

Your percentages are increasing and I'm anxious to read about your next PB contender Hali for the 10 LC's that the SWAT Commander is offering.

Keep up the good trench work!

Due to heavy work loads (6- 12's) of recent, I am living vicariously thru you and all the other anglers lately. So keep having fun, lol and keep up with the great reports!

I'm rooting for you, I know that you are going after the big one! You can do it!

SP Dan <"))><

PS.....I see by your photo that you tie a swivel on to your LC.....why.....does it help??
    Last edited by SP Dan; 09-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Good job out there NT!
    When the winds have picked up, try keeping the projectile low to the surface of the water.
    Thnaks for the report and pictures,
    Robert
    <><

Default NT responds:

Which Way Out
    Nice. Something about those Halibut with the White dots. They look so cool.
    Thx WWO, they are a bizaar creature ........ and yummy too

DockRat
    Cool post, nice pics, thnx
    DR
    Thank you DR ...nope, haven't seen any squid.......

PS.....I see by your photo that you tie a swivel on to your LC.....why.....does it help??

Ohhh, those swivels......lol, too funny. Yes, I have been doing that to ease up the lure changing process. Been trying a few different type and brands......
    Thanks for the support....WSB, what a cool fish....

murrieta angler
    Good job out there NT!
    When the winds have picked up, try keeping the projectile low to the surface of the water.
    Thnaks for the report and pictures,
    Robert
    ...thank you Sir, thank you....appreciate it I will definitly have to work it, that wind was a B h!
    Last edited by Nipple Twister; 09-28-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Ho Hum, another report from Nipple Twister. how could I have possibly missed this one?

Your going to have to try real hard to convince me that this is personal necessity immersion therapy........just how many hours are we allowed for this activity?

Great report John! You are definitely getting this sport dialed in buddy.

I'll see you at the salt mines tomorrow and it's your turn to pull the hooks.