Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: swing and a miss, to a swing and it sticks......9/24

Default swing and a miss, to a swing and it sticks......9/24

weather: over cast 69 to 73
    water: clear/ salad
    time: alittle after gray light
    gear: 8' phoenix blk diamond w/ 253 luna 10lb izor
    (all fish were farmed n sent back to fight another day..)

so i went out to one of my spot to pounded some sand ..........started really slow......didnt get my first hit until about 745.
    for a bsp...

so after i pound the sand for another 1 1/2hrs ( which for like for ever) i get a thump...... but it didnt stick
    i fan casted the same area and on my 3rd cast its slams it ......i haven't got a bite for along time so i just figured ill milk it for wat its worth.....so after a 2min fight it comes in .....
    wow , my first surf hali.....i was starting to think there wasen't any in san diego ...
    while i was work my way north i ran into MR. ED.....he said got caught 3 bsp already...
    so i decided switch over to a fake blood worm from berkley power bait...about ten min in i was rewared with this lil guy

gave it another 30min for nothing and called it.

bonus ...
    i was reading the mock ups wingnut did to his lc'z.....with those on mind i went online to basspro shop to order some wen i came across these ''Xps Susp Nitro Min'' for only 3.99...wow so i thought ill give them a go in see how they do....would hurt to much if i lost them

and the mock ups i learned from wingnut.." thanks "

til next time keep those lines tight
    Last edited by 247fisher; 09-26-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Congrats on your 1st surf Halibut... I'm sure it won't be long until you get that legal.
    That Sargo is a cool bonus, they fight great!

Arthur is getting to be someone a lot of people imitate.
    I was fishing my local beaches this weekend and bumped into 2 young fisherman doing the same thing. Crazy paint jobs. Wished em luck and pointed them to where I had picked on some BSP

thanx wingnut

Nice going and at 399 you have a lot of room for experiment ,has anyone used those diawa line for surf fishing?247 way to go !

Cool post thnx.
    The LC has ball bearings inside that help it cruise right over the sandy bottom on a slow retrieve.
    That is why they work so good.

But what the hay, fish hit anything at times.

Saw a dude (tweeker) at KH. He takes a 1 oz torpedo weight, using a hammer he hammers them flat about 1/8".

Then glues (sniff-sniff) colorful candy wrappers over them and catches fish
    with a treble hook on one end.
    DR

Nice job with your first "Surf Butt"!
    That is also a good looking Sargo, how big was it? They put up a nice fight!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

Hey bro, thanks for the report. That's gnarly deal on all those hard bait. When I get some free time I'll take you on base to hunt for buts bro.

For sure bud......can't wait u gt my number

Congrats on your surf catches and looks like you got Sargo to boot.

Your post brought me back to when I first started surf fishing JerryG told me "Man LC's are the way to go!" I catch a bunch of halibut on these things I don't even throw swimbaits anymore when I surf fish. Like you I went out to BPS and said hey what great deal they have on suspending jerk baits. I was like heck they look pretty darn similar and purchased a boat load of BPS suspending baits for the surf. When I got home I was so excited to have a box full of new fishing gear and like you tagged them up with sharpies. They did work and I caught a good amount of Halibut on them but the dark day came and I purchased a couple LC's and oh boy did I notice a big difference the first day I threw the LC I stuck 2 legals in 2 hours I never went back to the BPS. Lol