Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Apache Lake, AZ

Default Apache Lake, AZ

Not a report but an "Out of State" question..
    Going to be fishing Apache Lake in Arizona October 22nd. From what I can gather the lake holds (largemouths, smallmouths, catfish, bluegill, crappie, White Bass, and Walleye)

I need suggestions on baits, in particular artificials. (i.e. colors, depths, etc..) Should I take my approach like I fish our lakes here in So. Cal? (Castaic, Perris,..etc?)

I know they have a later winter, and the temperature averages about that time are in the 70's.

All suggestions are well appreciated.

fish there like you do here in the summer, i fished out there quite a bit and you cant go wrong with morning dawn robos or jigs, lots of craws in az lakes. also dont forget to try for flathead cats if your staying the night, use the biggest bluegill you can catch on a 6/0 circle hook and a 2oz carolina rig, min 20lb line lol!

Thanks Mr. Gorilla, I'm actually going there for a Steeler football game. Would suggest any other Lake or Lakes? Will be on a boat so...any information is greatly appreciated.

plesant is good but on the other side of town, pretty big lake, also canyon is good. Any place in az is pretty good lol.